• 195(current)
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)
(2021-04-25, 11:29)matke Wrote:
(2021-04-25, 11:16)nazim12 Wrote:
(2021-04-25, 10:52)matke Wrote: This is very strange. There may be a mismatch of some addons used by titan bingie mode and other skins. When after the initial installation you go through the wizard and add your movies. Do you get a black screen then?

To avoid black screen usually i went to select '' let do it for me" then i never add source there and escape by back button and directly go to settings and add one widget THEN i go to Home Screen, then screen refresh with my only widget all set.
Then I add source on kodi default skin.
So the problem is with the initial wizard if I understand correctly. If you skip it and go for manually adding widgets then everything is ok.
Yes for me in fresh install before other selective skins which uses skin helper widgets.
Bit more info on this black screen issue , happens matrix.
I tried using Leia , but when attempting to install the skin from the leia repo , I get a dependency error "python3" almost as if the version in the leia repo is matrix ?
Completely fresh install . with matrix. as posted above drop down to settings meny , add a folder containing videos , set up movies main menu item with a single widget, reload  back to home screen , black screen nothing. maybe its an issue with the iMac ?
I just created a new Kodi Data Folder and was able to get the skin working.

The previous Data Folder I used had every Kodi skin in the repo installed.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-04-25, 12:02)ontap Wrote: Bit more info on this black screen issue , happens matrix.
I tried using Leia , but when attempting to install the skin from the leia repo , I get a dependency error "python3" almost as if the version in the leia repo is matrix ?
Completely fresh install . with matrix. as posted above drop down to settings meny , add a folder containing videos , set up movies main menu item with a single widget, reload  back to home screen , black screen nothing. maybe its an issue with the iMac ?
There is no repo for leia yet. Use what I wrote in this post.
I'm really confused with this bug.
(2021-04-25, 12:08)Karellen Wrote: I just created a new Kodi Data Folder and was able to get the skin working.

The previous Data Folder I used had every Kodi skin in the repo installed.
So you don't have a black screen problem anymore?
(2021-04-25, 12:12)matke Wrote:
(2021-04-25, 12:02)ontap Wrote: Bit more info on this black screen issue , happens matrix.
There is no repo for leia yet. Use what I wrote in this post.
I'm really confused with this bug.

Yes sorry ,I was using the "skin.titan.bingie.mod-leia.zip" . as in your post , after firstly installing "repo.bingie" to get bingie helper installed. Still black screen , no problem I will wait until issue is figured out , tx.
(2021-04-25, 09:45)Angelinas Wrote:
(2021-04-25, 08:01)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2021-04-25, 05:56)Karellen Wrote: Hi @AchillesPunks

Thought I would give your skin a try. Installed on Kodi v19 and Win10 and am experiencing the same issue as @Shinobi_Wan

Once I ran through the setup (yes to both wizard setup questions), and added movies and tv shows to the library, I exited the settings screens and end up with a black screen. I have restarted a couple of times, but still end up with a black screen. The most I can do is call up the shutdown menu.

Here is the log. Seems to be an error with pvr widgets and a python error right at the end... https://paste.kodi.tv/dikijozopi.kodi

I just sent @Angelinas a message with the error in SHS. He will need to fix this.
That black screen can provide only script.skinshortcuts, not shs...I only see 
Error getting plugin://script.skin.helper.widgets/?mediatype=pvr&action=recordings&limit=50
it does not affect on creating home menu.

(2021-04-25, 02:06)AchillesPunks Wrote: I think I found a bug with SHS. So if you turn on Prefer Animated Poster then you lose most of the ratings for movies. We will need @Angelinas to look into this.
That isue wa fixed in version 1.0.39, I see that you use 1.0.38.
See After update is that bug solved.
The issue is still there. I upgraded to v1.0.40. I can't respond again until Wednesday
Titan Bingie Mod
(2021-04-25, 12:18)matke Wrote: So you don't have a black screen problem anymore?
Nope. All working but it required a fresh install with nothing else installed.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-04-25, 12:37)AchillesPunks Wrote: The issue is still there. I upgraded to v1.0.40. I can't respond again until Wednesday

Delete simplecache.db...that fix your missing info...
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2021-04-25, 04:51)Shinobi_Wan Wrote: Still dealing with this black screen once I install the latest version of the skin on the Apple TV 4. I try setting the widgets to addons to see if that works but I cant get pass the black screen. Do I really have to add files to my library in order for this to work? I dont really have any thing to add, I just want to play around with the skin

try clearing cache and data in kodi it worked for me
(2021-04-25, 02:09)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2021-04-25, 01:03)nazim12 Wrote: Matrix version is absolute awesome . No error whatsoever , Rich coloring along with superior icons , two row widgets margin improved . my all ratings are showing except rotten tomato , any suggestion how to load them , i clean installed , omdb api keys updated in meta module and in .nfo , but RT not loading .
You may have to wait for it to load... My didn't start showing until 2 days later. I do have a paid omdb api.

Thanks after a day Rotten Tomato Rating appeared for those movies who hasn't been touched in that day because those movies already created cache so if delete simplecache now it wont fetch any ratings but limited .
I had black screen, pressed back button few times and screen came up. went to setting and disabled "custom splashscreen/intro at startup" 
I updated from laia, and was using custom splashscreen/intro.
I can confirm that the blackscreen can occur. It is because many entries are missing in the settings.xml in userdata/addon_data folder. I have not yet found out what causes this, but i think it has to do with skinhelper (e.g. if skinhelper is disabled), because this is also used for some settings. 

I've uploaded two settings.xml, where you can see the difference.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/3pv5tg1d2yq0p/Testing
@Angelinas
From what I have read and it happened to me, the black screen bug is because the skin does not clean the kodi data or it is added correctly in the kodi data folder.
(2021-04-25, 13:29)Jooode Wrote: @Angelinas
From what I have read and it happened to me, the black screen bug is because the skin does not clean the kodi data or it is added correctly in the kodi data folder.
As @beatmasterrs wrote lot of skin.string dependes of shs....if shs have isue most of skin string will be "false".
This is wrong concept for first starting skin, IMO all skin must have fixed values for home screen, to prevent black screen at start.

IncludesDefaultSkinSettings.xml
Need to have more fixed values, ....example:
Code:
    <setting id="HomeLayout.label" type="string">[UPPERCASE]Bingie[/UPPERCASE]</setting>
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
  • 195(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)0