• 351(current)
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)
We do not control what the TMDB Helper shows for MPAA
Titan Bingie Mod
Devs could you tell me, with the next update, will it be paired down in size to the point it will run on top of Kodi happier on the Nvidia Shield with its 3gig of ram or am I better keeping it running on my PC?
The skin is really built for PC... It's not getting any smaller
Titan Bingie Mod
(2022-09-04, 17:10)AchillesPunks Wrote: The skin is really built for PC... It's not getting any smaller

This dosnt make me hopefull at all that its going to get any faster/better than currently?expecially if more is added.

I'm not sure what has happened, but everything seems to still load realy slow (first start up of kodi, after pc restart is the worst) taking a good 5 min sometimes to load everything properly.
Any subsequent load of kodi after the first initial one is a bit faster, but can still take 3 min+. (I tried using extended intro to combat this, but they are still loading after this)

I've done everything I can to try and speed it up myself (all widgets are pointed to either)
video libary>playlists>
or
video libary>tv shows>
video libary>movies>
Except the 3 hub spotlights (home,tv shows,movies,) which i have had to leave set as default because they do not work if changed.
I have disabled all but the 3-4 views that I am using.

I tried this setup with a fresh install of kodi and only the addons needed for the skin installed and it was exactly the same.

When I first started using this mod, everything would be loaded before the normal intro finished.
@childofkorn

I'm not sure why your computer is starting so slow. Maybe it's time to format it or upgrade memory. I run Titan Bingie Mod on three PC and they all start up immediately. All my media is ready right after the intro. I run a super lite version of windows 10 with no lag.
Titan Bingie Mod
I'm uploading a video to Youtube right now to show how fast it should be loading... If it's not then your PC is the issue
Titan Bingie Mod
@childofkorn

Load time for Titan Bingie Mod..

https://youtu.be/D1Y-A1s31Hs
Titan Bingie Mod
(2022-09-05, 00:49)AchillesPunks Wrote: @childofkorn

Load time for Titan Bingie Mod..

https://youtu.be/D1Y-A1s31Hs

Hmmm, when I first started using this mod (think it was 13.1 or 13.2) it loaded that fast. But since then I've done fresh installs of both older versions of kodi and the recent version and it has not loaded that fast for ages.

I'll try and upload a video of both the first time and then again afterwards. But its usualy widgets that eventually load first, then the spotlight will appear some time after, lastly the ratings and mpaa will load at some point.

Computer isn't the best (only 12 gig of ram) but still shows plenty of ram and cpu left spare in kodi system info. Infact the only time I see any high usage is with cpu when skin is rebuilding cache. Otherwise its hardly reaches quater.
Yup in the video my system is rebuilding the cache that's why I have no ratings. If you don't already have one you should buy a SSD or M.2 SSD, and get yourself more memory... Another thing that I love are the Windows 10 super lite versions.. They call them Gaming addition but I don't game on PC only Playstation... My PSN name is also AchillesPunks, but the super lite windows I think you could benefit from.

I'm using version 2.0.3
Titan Bingie Mod
(2022-09-05, 01:12)AchillesPunks Wrote: Yup in the video my system is rebuilding the cache that's why I have no ratings. If you don't already have one you should buy a SSD or M.2 SSD, and get yourself more memory... Another thing that I love are the Windows 10 super lite versions.. They call them Gaming addition but I don't game on PC only Playstation... My PSN name is also AchillesPunks, but the super lite windows I think you could benefit from.

I'm using version 2.0.3

here is a typical load for me 

https://streamable.com/d0a6jk
Yeah, you need more memory and an SSD. Your system should have started immediately after you clicked on it and then it still hesitated before it started Kodi.

All three of my PCs start the same speed and one of them is a laptop that's not very fast but I do have SSD in it and that Windows super light
Titan Bingie Mod
(2022-09-05, 02:19)AchillesPunks Wrote: Yeah, you need more memory and an SSD. Your system should have started immediately after you clicked on it and then it still hesitated before it started Kodi.

All three of my PCs start the same speed and one of them is a laptop that's not very fast but I do have SSD in it and that Windows super light

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me. I'll look into a ssd but as I said it use to all load as fast as yours does (yes there was still a slight delay in kodi starting up, but the spotlight and widgets would all still be loaded before intro finished (like in your vid)

Nothing on my system has changed since then and I've even tried diffrent kodi 13 versions (installing a fresh kodi first, then my tv show and film libary and then finaly the mod) but they all now seem to produce the same result as in the video.

Maby ill try a complete factory reset and see if that helps, but I dont think it will Confused

As I said, any load after the first one (in my vid) will load a little faster like this... 

https://streamable.com/fmu5s4

spotlight & ratings been the worst culprits
@childofkorn

Maybe your video library has increased that could slow the loading down a bit... Really with a older PC the best thing is getting a SSD it will make all the difference... So are you not using Kodi 19.

Really look into the Windows 10 Super lite... Game changer
Titan Bingie Mod
Hi AchillesPunks

I am currently using an Odroid N2 for Kodi.  From the latest posts I understand you are using a PC.  May I ask, is it a pc you built or an Intel NUC?  What are the specs?  Do you have it hooked up to tv?  How do you power on/off the pc?  Do you use a remote for your pc when using Kodi?  I am thinking of moving away from my N2 to an htpc and was hoping from some guidance.
I'll give you the specs later.

I have 1 laptop and 2 desktops.

2 have i7
1 has i9

All 3 are HTPC
Titan Bingie Mod
  • 351(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)0