Resume playback when TV is turned on
Hi there, im using Kodi on an Pi with Debian Buster, and first of all, my CEC is working just perfect. Out of the box i could control my Kodi with my normal TV remote - great.

Only one thing: When i switch with my remote the HDMI ports (Kodi -> Sat/Cable TV) and back, Kodi pauses playback, and when i get back to Kodi's HDMI it resumes playback, very nice.
However, when i turn my TV off with the remote and turn it back on, the video keeps paused. Is there a setting to also resume playback when the TV is turned on? I found the option in CEC settings that when i turn off the TV, Kodi pauses playback, but not the option, what should be done when the TV is switched backed on.

Thanks for any reply.
(2020-07-24, 16:32)iceman20k Wrote: Is there a setting to also resume playback when the TV is turned on?

Directly when Kodi gets the focus when the TV wakes up? Not that I'm aware of, unless some new feature in v19 arises.
Press 2-3 buttons to continue a movie isn't the end of the world, is it?
(2020-07-24, 19:14)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-07-24, 16:32)iceman20k Wrote: Is there a setting to also resume playback when the TV is turned on?

Directly when Kodi gets the focus when the TV wakes up? Not that I'm aware of, unless some new feature in v19 arises.
Press 2-3 buttons to continue a movie isn't the end of the world, is it?
No its not, just asking. I was just wondering since it works perfectly when switching HDMI ports.
Thanks for your reply.
In Kodi 19 you can use the Kodi Playback Resumer add-on to auto-resume playback of whatever was actively playing when Kodi was turned off.  I've taken over this addon for Kodi 19, and that definitely does work. 

For the Kodi 18 version, I am not sure whether this feature is working or not.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2020-07-25, 02:47)bossanova808 Wrote: In Kodi 19 you can use the Kodi Playback Resumer add-on to auto-resume playback of whatever was actively playing when Kodi was turned off.  I've taken over this addon for Kodi 19, and that definitely does work. 

For the Kodi 18 version, I am not sure whether this feature is working or not.

Wow, pretty cool. Will give that a try - thanks a lot!
Uhm sorry, on first try i can't find the plugin "Playback Resumer" using kodi.tv or Google. Where can i get it?
With Kodi 19 (Matrix, not yet out) - it's in the official Kodi repo - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=355383 - there is a link there to older threads/versions that were not in a repo (but I can't help you with those if they don't work).
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resume playback when TV is turned on0