remove extra options on movies and TV shows screens
Is there a way to disable all the extra display in the movies / TV shows displays?

I'm talking about recently added, un-watched, genres, studios, etc all the stuff I really don't care, and have just a movie / show list without any sort of buttons, sorting, categories, etc?
Try section 4 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Estuary/Se...s_Settings
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-07-25, 23:02)Karellen Wrote: Try section 4 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Estuary/Se...s_Settings

I am not talking about the item on the left side menu (videos, music, pictures, etc), but the items next to the movie thumbnails themselves.
For example, movies have rows with 'newly added' 'random', etc and then some buttons below to sort them by genre, year, etc

for example:

you can see 'in progress movies', 'recently added movies' above the thumbnails. What I am talking about is having a movie list with no sorting, categories, etc because this is wasting an insane amount of space.
It looks like you are using the Estuary Mod skin, so you need to direct your question to the Estuary Mod thread. I will move your thread to the correct forum and hopefully someone can help you further.

Always make sure you ask questions in the correct forum and correct thread.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-07-26, 00:03)Karellen Wrote: It looks like you are using the Estuary Mod skin, so you need to direct your question to the Estuary Mod thread. I will move your thread to the correct forum and hopefully someone can help you further.

Always make sure you ask questions in the correct forum and correct thread.

I'm using the default skin from a blank install (not sure the name); the screenshot I sent is from the web, but the display with the categories is identical. I see my movies with these categories.
Well, stop confusing us. Accurate questions lead to accurate answers.

If you check the link I gave you, it allows you to remove the categories on the right of the screen. But you asked a two part question, I am only answering the first part. Your second part and have just a movie / show list without any sort of buttons, sorting, categories I cannot answer.
My Signature
It is not confusing: there is a single question.

Here are screenshots from my setup.
It is a brand new install from scratch. I removed the categories I didn't care about on the left and just have Movies and TV Shows (which are the only ones I asked about in the question)

This is what I am talking about, multiple rows with the same content instead of a plain movie list. The TV shows have a bunch of buttons to sort by studio, year, etc while movies, at the bottom with have actors, etc.

So, when I go to the settings, first:

then:

and finally:

I have removed everything both in Movies and TV Shows and I still get the content sorted in these groups.
You can't change the widgets on the right side of the screen with the default skin.  There is an Estuary Mod that uses something called skinshortcuts to let you build the right side widgets in a more customized (and also more complicated) way:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=306757

I also have a mod that is less flexible but perhaps easier to use that let's you enable/disable the right side widgets as you choose.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=333143

It's worth noting that the two skins above and the default Estuary skin are all separate skins, so you will lose you're settings as you move between them.
very good, thanks a lot! I will look into these two.
(2020-07-26, 00:28)thomasd3 Wrote: I have removed everything both in Movies and TV Shows and I still get the content sorted in these groups.

That's because, as the setting says, you're editing the 'Categories' row along the top.

ok, so that was a good first step; so, as pkscout said, the only option to have the view below just show the movie list is to use a different skin, right?
(2020-07-26, 21:15)thomasd3 Wrote: ok, so that was a good first step; so, as pkscout said, the only option to have the view below just show the movie list is to use a different skin, right?
The only way it can be achieved with the default skin is by editing the skin xml files directly to do what you want.
(2020-07-27, 14:20)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2020-07-26, 21:15)thomasd3 Wrote: ok, so that was a good first step; so, as pkscout said, the only option to have the view below just show the movie list is to use a different skin, right?
The only way it can be achieved with the default skin is by editing the skin xml files directly to do what you want.
Well now that you are changing the skin for kodi 19 you could maybe add sorting or disabling particular widgets to it as well.  Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
remove extra options on movies and TV shows screens0