Newbie - Seagate Nas
Hello,

I'm currently using Plex on my Seagate NAS to stream my home movies to TV's and Fire Tv boxes throughout my house. I am now looking for another solution that can offer me the same type of set up as the Plex software is glitchy. 

Is there any software that I can load onto my NAS and download for my LG, Samsung and Fire TV boxes that will work in the same way as Plex but without me having to constantly delete and then reinstall the software?

Thanks
Not sure what you mean by work the same so just guessing here. I'm assuming that as you are posting in a Kodi forum you have a Kodi instance running on a device?

You can use Kodi with SQL to act as a server to other devices with Kodi installed. Details are on the help page.

Kodi has releases for Android but I don't think it will work on TV specific OS's.

Other options, have you tried Emby? It has a similar structure as Plex in that parts are free and other parts are behind a paywall.
Have you tried emby? I've used it for the past 5 years to centralise all my media. Works perfect for me.

Matt
Main - LG - OLED65CX6LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV - Yamaha RXV383 - N2plus running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
BedRoom - Panasonic DX-700 UHD TV - N2 running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
Server - debian based 10TB Media Server 

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie - Seagate Nas0