Query Info For All Artists/ Albums
Whenever I add a music folder to the library it gets added without too much artist / album art.

I have to go into the respective list and manually query the info. Any way to automate this? Or add a shortcut to main menu or thereabouts that on pressing will initiate the same?

I am not even sure whether it is a Kodi action or whether it is a RunAddon command, my skin (aeon nox) supports adding such custom commands. Please help.
Assuming you are using a Kodi 18.x version (but the settings option has been around for a while) in settings / Media / Music is the option "fetch additional information during updates" and that also requires you to set your preferred scrapers (default provider for artist or album information).  If you do have these set up need debug logging turned on and a debug log submitted that is taken while a music folder is being scanned into the library.

scott s.
Debug log with settings as suggested. 

I have artwork beef doing a second run after universal scraper. But artist art is almost completely empty.

https://paste.kodi.tv/qadaroboha.kodi
I don't see artist or album scrapers running at all in your log.  Not sure why not.  Maybe @DaveBlake  can see this and take a look.

scott s.
The settings were exactly as you mention. And i could see the progress bar for both kodi and artwork beef. Thanks for looking into this.
No sign of any scraping happening in that log. Are you sure you had "fetch additional information during updates" enabled @extremeaudio ?
Log shows scanning of .wav files with mal-formed cuesheets, or untagged .flac files,  what kind of music are you trying to scan into the library?

Having "fetch additional information during updates" only scrapes and fetches art for artists and albums when music is added to the library. If you created your library with this disabled, then "query for all" is the route to (re-)scraping extra info. It looks like maybe you have just set "fetch additional information during updates" and done update library, Kodi checks those things it was unable to scan properly before and so are not in the library, and this fails because whatever was wrong with the cuesheets and untagged files is still wrong. No new library additions are made, and so artist or album art gets scraped.

But honestly I'm not really not sure what is happening from the log.
For the test, I hooked up a USB disk with a music folder (it contains random music in some folders and in some others it has songs in proper albums, I am not sure about the tags in the music) that was once previously added to the library. I removed that folder from the library. Then I cleaned the library. This removed all entries when I enter the Kodi music section. 

After that I re added the same folder, at which point I think it asks, "Do a full scan even when tags are unchanged or something". Post which a scan started, followed by artwork beef. 

This is the debug log I have pasted.

Do you suggest deleting Music db file?
Thanks for describing more. I note you are using 18.0 when 18.8 is now available, but that should not make a difference here. Also the debug log from Coreelec does not show procedure names which makes some thing harder to spot. It is not that scraping is failing for some reason, but that there is no sign of the scraper addons being used in that log.

Are you sure you had "fetch additional information during updates" enabled @extremeaudio ?
My other guess would be that although the Universal Artist and Album scrapers are installed and uptodate, they are disabled in some way.

I see no reason to delete the music db file. Perhaps PM me a link to it and your guisettings.xml file in case that shows me something.
Installed afresh, did a scan with recommended settings and all is well. Appreciate the help 😊🙏

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Query Info For All Artists/ Albums0