Bug Music track info banner won't auto-hide...
I've been using Kodi on my Qnap NAS for around a year now, but have recently run into a small issue / bug that I can't seem to solve on my own...

All my music library is located on my NAS which is itself connected directly through HDMI to my TV, and i access and play the tracks through the default Kodi music player. Up until now, whenever I started playing a music track and maximised the player to 'Full-screen' playback, the track/artist/album info banner would display for a around 10 seconds and then automatically hide until the track was over, reappearing again once the next track started playing, but for the past few days, this doesn't seem to happen anymore. 

Whenever a track starts playing now, the banner will appear and display but it now won't auto-hide as it used to, and will stay displayed permanently unless I hide it manually using the 'I' button on my keyboard. I've been using the 'Arctic: Zephyr 2' skin as default for months now, and I thought the problem could maybe be related to a recent update to this particular skin, but I've tried all I could think of and the issue still persists; adjusting the length in seconds for the banner to display in the skin's settings, fully resetting the skin settings, completely uninstalling and reinstalling the skin... Nothing seems to fix the problem, even if I switch to any other skin or use the default Kodi one the darn banner just won't hide...  Confused

The only thing I've not tried yet is deleting and reinstalling Kodi on the NAS, but I wouldn't want to start setting up everything from scratch just to fix this minor problem, so, has anyone else encountered this issue and is there an easy fix I'm missing out on?

Thank you in advance...
Use i to toggle between hidden or not hidden. This should be remembered by Kodi even after a reboot. There's a thread about it somewhere detailing how it works.

EDIT - See here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2958341
Not sure what you mean by "info banner".  Could you show a screenshot?

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2020-07-29, 18:14)FXB78 Wrote: Use i to toggle between hidden or not hidden. This should be remembered by Kodi even after a reboot. There's a thread about it somewhere detailing how it works.

EDIT - See here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2958341

I managed to fix the problem by reading through the thread you referenced, although I had to try a few times before the banner finally hid automatically... After a couple of attempts with no positive result, I found out that auto-hide on or off is not toggled and remembered by Kodi if you enter full-screen by using a physical keyboard's 'Tab' button, however it does get remembered if I use the skin's on-screen button to activate full-screen. Yes, pretty weird, but anyhow, problem solved, so thank you very much for the reply and help....  Rolleyes
(2020-07-29, 21:07)scott967 Wrote: Not sure what you mean by "info banner".  Could you show a screenshot?

scott s.

By banner I meant the information that's displayed on-screen while playing a track (album art, title, artist, track time, etc.)...  Wink
(2020-07-30, 12:11)krilok Wrote:
(2020-07-29, 21:07)scott967 Wrote: Not sure what you mean by "info banner".  Could you show a screenshot?

scott s.

By banner I meant the information that's displayed on-screen while playing a track (album art, title, artist, track time, etc.)...  Wink
Thanksi.  Not familiar with that skin, but  having a little look at it, on the music visualisation window it seems to have a "scrolling text effect" with song title / artist/ album, a "short music OSD" with some art and info that appears on the music viz window for a user setting number of secs, then fades out, the "normal" Kodi music OSD that includes the "short music OSD" plus the player controls, and finally the Kodi song info dialog that is toggled with the <info> key.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music track info banner won't auto-hide...0