Important Bye-bye DVBLink/TVMosaic
Unfortunately one down....
https://tv-mosaic.com/
NVIDIA Shield, H270M-Plus (i3-7100),NUC7i3BNH,WeTekHub,Pi2,Win10Server.
Sad.
What alternatives are there with the same acamd support?
Intel i5 4690, 16GB RAM, 250GB M.2 SSD(OS), 1x 1TB WD Green, 3x 2TB WD Green, 2x 3TB WD Green, intel HD4600
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit, DVBLink server 6.0.0 TVSource 6.0.0 , 4xDD DVBC tuners, Kodi 17.2RC1
(2020-07-29, 21:29)debutanker Wrote: Unfortunately one down....
https://tv-mosaic.com/
This was only a question of time. Since a long time the support in the forum was stopped. Good bye Sleepy
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
I jumped ship to NextPVR when DVBLogic took my money, didn't give me a working licence and ignored my requests for support.

NextPVR was simpler to set up and gave me some functions I didn't have before - and it is free - although I suggest donating to keep it going.

Andy
This is really sad to see. Would have been nice if they had decided to go open source before pulling the plug.
I'm also interested in alternatives. Currently my TV Mosaic is still working, but would be nice to see what alternatives I have for Windows with Acamd and NewCS support.
Sad,but no surprise.

Still running as stable as always on my nas.
Tried others (tvh, mythtv, media portal) but always circled back. Guess tvm was bound to eventually move to being a failback solution anyway since development had stopped for...over a year now I think..?
Agreed, still running stable on my machine.

They seemed to have had some good times. Otherwise, why make the move to TV Mosaic and start selling hardware? Too bad they cannot just go back to that.
(2020-07-30, 09:42)AndyHenderson Wrote: I jumped ship to NextPVR when DVBLogic took my money, didn't give me a working licence and ignored my requests for support.
NextPVR was simpler to set up and gave me some functions I didn't have before - and it is free - although I suggest donating to keep it going.

NextPVR does not support my TVButler sticks.
NextPVR support tuners BDA drivers on Windows and tuners supported by dvbv5 on other platforms which I expect covers the TVButler.    HDHR, SAT>IP, IPTV, V4L, and HDPVR are other options.  If you have trouble post on the  https://forums.nextpvr.com

Martin
Quote:NextPVR does not support my TVButler sticks.
When I started looking for alternatives I ordered some hdhomeruns. It's an investment, but it removes the need for driver compatibility/availability..
That's not too good, it was a great software, I had plans to buy it. But now I'm perfectly fine with MediaPortal backend, but it's not multiplatform. On Windows both MP and DVBViewer are a good alternatives. NextPVR is good if you don't need CAM support. I guess on Linux the only good alternative is TVHeadend.

Due the way TVMosaic's license works, I think they should release an unlocked free version, the software won't get any updates anyway. Or go OpenSource, some developers may continue the development. But I guess that won't happen.
(2020-08-05, 16:25)j-m-s Wrote:
(2020-07-30, 09:42)AndyHenderson Wrote: I jumped ship to NextPVR when DVBLogic took my money, didn't give me a working licence and ignored my requests for support.

NextPVR does not support my TVButler sticks.
DBLogic provides/provided a BDA driver for the TV Butler which shold work with NextPVR.

Andy
(2020-08-06, 14:04)AndyHenderson Wrote:
(2020-08-05, 16:25)j-m-s Wrote: NextPVR does not support my TVButler sticks.
DBLogic provides/provided a BDA driver for the TV Butler which shold work with NextPVR.

"BDA driver" sounds like from microsoft. I think it is only useful if you work with microsoft products.
The BDA driver is an application layer so Windows desktop OS apps like NextPVR and MediaPortal can use generic tuners without needing proprietary h/w interfaces.  Most digital tuners provide that feature for Windows.   It doesn't work on linux which is why there is the alternative generic dvbv5 support

Martin
(2020-08-13, 18:22)j-m-s Wrote:
(2020-08-06, 14:04)AndyHenderson Wrote:
(2020-08-05, 16:25)j-m-s Wrote: NextPVR does not support my TVButler sticks.

"BDA driver" sounds like from microsoft. I think it is only useful if you work with microsoft products.
Pretty much every digital tuner that is compatible Windows has BDA drivers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bye-bye DVBLink/TVMosaic0