Solved Remove OSD seektime bar on Pause - Modify Estuary - What is Estuary Mod v2
HI there, newbie here,

Run LibreELEC 9.2.1 / Kodi 18.6 Estuary stock skin on my RPi2.

I'd like to remove OSD seektime bar on Pause, but maybe this option is in the Estuary mod v2.
I don't know what is Estuary Mod v2.
Is it the stock skin or is it a new version?
Where can I get the list of features? How to install if I want to?

If this version can't make my need, I'll be back for more questions.

Thank you

Edit:
I had some reading on Estuary Mod V2. This is a way too complicated for my needs, so I'll tweak the stock Estuary.
So I did so far everything from SSH:

Copy Estuary from /usr to /storage
cpp:
cp -r /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary .kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.estuarycusto

Copy setting.xml from estuary to my new skin
cpp:
cp .kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.estuary/settings.xml .kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.estuarycusto/resources/
Change id and name in addon.xml
cpp:
vi .kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.estuarycusto/addon.xml

View changes
xml:

cat .kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.estuarycusto/addon.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<addon id="skin.estuarycusto" version="2.0.27" name="Estuarycusto" provider-name="phil65, Ichabod Fletchman">

Then reboot Rpi2
When I go to settings>Interface>Skin, I think I should find Estuary as default and when I click on it my new skin Estuarycusto should appear. But it doesn't.

Where is my mistake?
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
You need to go to MyAddons and enable it.
(2020-08-01, 02:14)jjd-uk Wrote: You need to go to MyAddons and enable it.

In MyAddons > All > There is no addon estuarycusto, I can't enable it...
(2020-08-17, 15:21)MrNice Wrote:

In MyAddons > All > There is no addon estuarycusto, I can't enable it...

I didn't noticed before, but I think you copied the files to the wrong folder however I don't know the folder structures for Linux too well so just assuming there's a similar structure to Windows.

I think there should be .kodi/addons folder which is where all installed addons go, so this is where you need to copy the skin.estuary folder to, however you've copied the files to .kodi/userdata/addon_data however this folder is only for addon settings.
(2020-08-17, 16:03)jjd-uk Wrote: I didn't noticed before, but I think you copied the files to the wrong folder however I don't know the folder structures for Linux too well so just assuming there's a similar structure to Windows.

I think there should be .kodi/addons folder which is where all installed addons go, so this is where you need to copy the skin.estuary folder to, however you've copied the files to .kodi/userdata/addon_data however this folder is only for addon settings.

Thank you jjd-uk, I moved in .kodi/addons, reboot and estuarycusto was in the list.
I removed "| Player.DisplayAfterSeek | [Player.Paused + !Player.Caching] "
from /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary/xml/DialogSeekBar.xml.
Now when I pause, the screen has no OSD at all.
Than you for your help
thanks man, i just was looking for the same thing ..

I really appreciate you listing the solution step by step which i followed  
thanks again
Hi,

Can you guys please add an option to remove the OSD seektime bar on Pause in the official Estuary for Kodi 19?

I would especially like this for when I need to take screen shots of the video.

The Metropolis skin has this feature and also lets you choose to have the OSD disappear on pause instantly or after so many seconds.

I have really been wanting this feature every since the official Estuary skin was released.
What a wonderful surprise I just discovered with the latest Kodi 19 nighty build (October 3) Smile

In the official Estuary skin The OSD seektime bar on Pause now disappears after a few seconds! Smile

It's also been moved to the top which is very nice too.

Just wanted to give big thank you to the Kodi developer that was nice enough to not only add this feature but to add it so quickly!!

Been wanting this feature ever since first using the Estuary skin so this really made my day.
Quick question

Why did you take away "Remaining time" from the pause OSD?

Can you add that back please or if not there then perhaps on the the OSD with the Playback buttons? 

I really like and kind of need getting a quick look at the Time remaining somewhere on the OSD.

Thanks Smile
I LOVE that the Pause OSD now disappears after a few seconds.

But why was the Time remaining and also name of video playing removed?

PLEASE can you add back both "Time remaining" and "video name" soon?

Thanks
Is it possible to bring back the old OSD, that would stay on and not disappear and would have all the info like, remaining time and time when I will finish watching the video?
(2020-11-24, 11:16)pizmak Wrote: Is it possible to bring back the old OSD

It's not impossible, but the old OSD heavily interfered with subtitles that are on display, making it impossible to read them. So the pause bar was moved to the top.
(2020-11-24, 11:16)pizmak Wrote: Is it possible to bring back the old OSD, that would stay on and not disappear and would have all the info like, remaining time and time when I will finish watching the video?

It's still there, it just doesn't appear when seeking, but at any other time you simple press Info button on remote or i on keyboard to bring up the Info OSD, or perhaps OK or Menu button on remote or M on keyboard to bring up the Menu OSD.
(2020-11-24, 12:07)jjd-uk Wrote: It's still there, it just doesn't appear when seeking, but at any other time you simple press Info button on remote or i on keyboard to bring up the Info OSD, or perhaps OK or Menu button on remote or M on keyboard to bring up the Menu OSD.

Thanks for help. Pressing "M" on remote does bring it back. But then when I unpause the video this OSD stays on, so not really a permanent fix for me Sad
@jjd-uk 
Just came across this thread and wanted to check something with you as I've yet to make these new changes for the OSD pause button on the Estuary mod I've been working on. I'm currently back on Kodi 18 at the moment so haven't had a chance to see this new change actually working on Kodi 19 yet. Reading the above, am I right in thinking that when the pause button is now pressed using the OK button on a remote or enter on a keyboard, playback is paused and the entire OSD disappears after a few seconds, meaning subtitles can now be read? 
Is this a reasonable interpretation of the change?  I'm presuming that pressing the OK or Play buttons will immediately resume playback, ie no need to bring the OSD back onto the screen to un-pause and re-start playback? I didn't fully understand what was meant when somebody above said it had been moved to the top?
Hoping to get back on Matrix in a week or two, so really just looking for clarification.
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove OSD seektime bar on Pause - Modify Estuary - What is Estuary Mod v20