sound hiccups at content
Dear All

In have for several year a Kodi system on my HPTC , and in combination with a 1K TV and a sound installation it worked fine
The HTPC consist of a ASRock J4205 board , the content is stored on a NAS. Im running  liberelec (kodi17.6) video through HDMI to TV, audio through optical cable to sound installation

Now i bought a 4k TV and a Sonos installation with new HDMI cables.  I changed setting in kodi for audio and vision( they are now both going through HDMI to TV)
But now im facing a problem with audio. At almost all content i tested i get hiccups in audio .  The hiccups are very sort, i think 1 second audio gone and than its back. I cannot find a pattern , some content it is every 2 or 3 minutes , and some one in every 10min or almost not noticeable       
So i tested youtube and Ziggo ( tv signal supplier) if there are facing a problem with audio. But that combination with the Sonos is not a problem But it looks like only my kodi system is facing the audio problem, in combination with the TV. I also tested the content at the previous TV, and i never noticed that  

Hopfully somewone has an idea, how to solve this problem..
(2020-07-31, 10:40)NiekN Wrote: Hopfully somewone has an idea, how to solve this problem..

No changes will be made to LibreELEC running Kodi 17.6 (which is EOL), right now LibreELEC 9.2.4 with Kodi 18.8 is being tested, so that should be available in a week or so.
Perhaps you can testdrive LE 9.2.3 via a bootable USB stick and see if anything changed.
(2020-07-31, 11:15)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-07-31, 10:40)NiekN Wrote: Hopfully somewone has an idea, how to solve this problem..

No changes will be made to LibreELEC running Kodi 17.6 (which is EOL), right now LibreELEC 9.2.4 with Kodi 18.8 is being tested, so that should be available in a week or so.
Perhaps you can testdrive LE 9.2.3 via a bootable USB stick and see if anything changed.

Yes i know i running an old version of Kodi , because i tested kodi18 a year ago , and i had some problems with the remote and some other bugs. But you think it not a setting , but more a the kodi programm ??
It's hard for us to reproduce problems as we do not have your hardware combination.
Running Kodi 18 from a year ago is also not representative, things move on, bugs can be solved.
Testing today's LibreELEC from a bootable USB stick will not touch the 17.6 setup on your HDD/SSD.

If it was a setting? I use no optical sound cable on my settings. I have a J5005 that uses the audio from the HDMI cable. I haven't noticed audio hiccups so far with LibreELEC 8.2.4 (Kodi 18.8).
Hmm, I'd suggest posting a debug log (wiki) at the very least.  Also, a description of how you have things cabled up.   Is it PC->HDMI->TV->SONOS or PC->HDMI->SONOS->TV or something else?  What's the content you are trying to play, 5.1, 7.1 DTS-HD etc ?
Learning Linux the hard way !!
A bootable USB stick with libreelec ? https://libreelec.tv/2016/08/usb-sd-creator/
Is that really working, i have not seen that before.  If im correct i can easily install it on usb and then startup kodi from USB instead of SSD at HTPC.  

My old configuration was HTPC > HDMI  >TV 
                                     HTPC > optical  > sound system(amp)

new the connection is
HTPC > HDMI > TV >HDMI > SONOS
I used content like  Dolby , DD+ ATMOS  (so the dolby family )
I have also DTS content , but the Sonsos does not support it , so i have to convert it with handbrake or something  

Debug log i will check how to ..
tested the latest liberelect on a USB stick, same problem .  still hiccups at audio, still random. 
I also checked CPU load , but it is  below 20% . mem  7,26M/7,77M

Looks like also the video is sometimes hicups...
I also did a test to play content directly on a USB stick in TV, and that looks good . i did not see any hiccups ..  The content is ok(content at old tv was also not a problem) ad playing for TV to Sonos works also fine
I google , and saw that it problem i not new , and that it could be more causes .. but i still not find my problem

Adding a debug log , would that help ??
Nobody can help you without a debug log ... everything else is pure speculation ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
im not sure this is the correct debug log ?
see pastbin
http://ix.io/2tkU
I changed settings randomly in kodi , but without success.  also googled , and found some try-outs , but nothing really works 

Im not sure , but it looks like the audio stream at DD+ and DD are more the problem. when i disable them (so using stereo) it looks fine
(2020-07-31, 13:00)Klojum Wrote: It's hard for us to reproduce problems as we do not have your hardware combination.
Running Kodi 18 from a year ago is also not representative, things move on, bugs can be solved.
Testing today's LibreELEC from a bootable USB stick will not touch the 17.6 setup on your HDD/SSD.

If it was a setting? I use no optical sound cable on my settings. I have a J5005 that uses the audio from the HDMI cable. I haven't noticed audio hiccups so far with LibreELEC 8.2.4 (Kodi 18.8).

You have a j5005 , that is almoste the same at the J4205. I have never updated the bios , still have the 1.2 version . could there be a problem is Huh  and are you running playing also DD and DD+ audios streams?
Quote:21:15:38.169 T:139892654470848 NOTICE: Running on LibreELEC (official): 8.2.5, kernel: Linux x86 64-bit version 4.11.12

That won't work well with your HW, without looking further. Please provide the Debug Log with the latest stable LE available. When 17.6 was released I did not even have a beart ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-08-06, 10:58)fritsch Wrote:
Quote:21:15:38.169 T:139892654470848 NOTICE: Running on LibreELEC (official): 8.2.5, kernel: Linux x86 64-bit version 4.11.12

That won't work well with your HW, without looking further. Please provide the Debug Log with the latest stable LE available. When 17.6 was released I did not even have a beart ...
OK, i will try to make a a debug log for the latest LE..   But i'm not sure how to set it correctly  at the new LC version (running from a USB stick)
http://ix.io/2tqw
http://ix.io/2tqv

jee now kodi does not detect that my tv supports ATMOS/DD+ . i have not this setting anymore...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
sound hiccups at content0