Linux How can I make Kodi Standalone not launch on boot, but make the regular Kodi start a?
When I try to launch Kodi at startup using Crontab, it opens Kodi Stand-alone . This doesn’t include any of my settings or Addons. Is there a way to make standard Kodi open instead?
Which distro?  You shouldn't start via cron, but via (guessing) the kodi.service through systemd.
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
(2020-07-31, 11:36)graysky Wrote: Which distro?  You shouldn't start via cron, but via (guessing) the kodi.service through systemd.

Raspberry Pi Os (raspbian)
Like graysky said, if you want to autostart Kodi at boot, you shouldn't be using cron but a systemd Kodi service. And there are usually two launch scripts, kodi and kodi-standalone, I don't know what you used in crontab but both use the same user settings. What is probably happening in your case is that you are launching it as root via crontab and user "pi" from desktop or terminal and the reason of you getting different settings. Kodi shouldn't be run as root.
For more information on to autostart Kodi on boot on Raspberry Pi OS (Raspbian) check this:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...6&t=251645

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I make Kodi Standalone not launch on boot, but make the regular Kodi start a?0