Help with playlist. IS this possible
I have a question regarding playlists and the creation of a playlist.

Was wondering if it is possible to create the following kind of playlist? If not, would it be possible to code it in?

Take 3 series by episode with playcount equaling 0, in ascending order. This will give all eps of the 3 series that have not been played.
Series 1's first unplayed episode is at S01E10
Series 2's first unplayed episode is at S02E01
Series 3 has no unplayed episodes.

Currently, if I create the above playlist, I get the following output (15 Eps per season):
Series 3 S01E01
Series 3 S01E02
Series 3 S01E03
Series 3 S01E04
Series 3 S01E05
Series 3 S01E06
Series 3 S01E07
Series 3 S01E08
Series 3 S01E09
Series 3 S01E10
Series 1 S01e10
Series 3 S01E11
Series 1 S01e11
Series 3 S01E12
Series 1 S01e12
Series 3 S01E13
Series 1 S01e13
Series 3 S01E14
Series 1 S01e14
Series 3 S01E15
Series 1 S01e15
Series 3 S02E01
Series 1 S02E01
Series 2 E02E01....etc.

What I would like to have happen is the following:
Series 1 S01E10
Series 2 S02e01
Series 3 S01e01
Series 1 S01E11
Series 2 S02E02
Series 3 S01E02
Series 1 S01E12
Series 2 S02E03
Series 3 S01E03....etc.

Is this possible at all with a Smart Playlist? Is it possible to get the grouping of unplayed episodes in this manner?

Thank you in advance!
Mark
I believe an "Episode" playlist with rules below will yield what you are looking for....
  • Type "Episode"
  • TV Title is "foo bar"
  • playlist count is 0.
  • Rules "All"
  • Ordered by episode.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
EDIT - Sorry I just realised you want an Episode from S01, then S02, then S03, then back to S01. I've never thought about doing that, maybe Lunatixz answer will help Smile
(2020-08-01, 17:13)Lunatixz Wrote: I believe an "Episode" playlist with rules below will yield what you are looking for....
  • Type "Episode"
  • TV Title is "foo bar"
  • playlist count is 0.
  • Rules "All"
  •  
  • Ordered by episode.
Hello Lunatixz,

Thanks for trying to help. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I still get the results as in my first example. Any other thoughts?
(2020-08-01, 17:20)FXB78 Wrote: EDIT - Sorry I just realised you want an Episode from S01, then S02, then S03, then back to S01. I've never thought about doing that, maybe Lunatixz answer will help Smile

Actually, I want the first unplayed episode to play from each show regardless of the season. Please look at the second example I posted.

Thank you,
Mark
(2020-08-01, 18:30)mwkurt Wrote:
(2020-08-01, 17:13)Lunatixz Wrote: I believe an "Episode" playlist with rules below will yield what you are looking for....
  • Type "Episode"
  • TV Title is "foo bar"
  • playlist count is 0.
  • Rules "All"
  •  
  • Ordered by episode.
Hello Lunatixz,

Thanks for trying to help. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I still get the results as in my first example. Any other thoughts?

Yes, are you making a playlist for each individual show... I probably should have elaborated.
Create a playlist as I described for each show... series1, series2 each get their own playlist.
Then you combine those playlists in a new playlist same type, with the rule "playlist" is, use playlist you created above. Then sort by episode...
(2020-08-01, 21:00)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-08-01, 18:30)mwkurt Wrote:
  • Type "Episode"
  • TV Title is "foo bar"
  • playlist count is 0.
  • Rules "All"
  •  
  • Ordered by episode.
Hello Lunatixz,

Yes, are you making a playlist for each individual show... I probably should have elaborated.
Create a playlist as I described for each show... series1, series2 each get their own playlist.
Then you combine those playlists in a new playlist same type, with the rule "playlist" is, use playlist you created above. Then sort by episode...
Thanks again, but it didn't work. Made an "episode" playlist for each show, with Playcount = 0 and Observe "all" rules. Did this for three shows. Each when executed gives me the unplayed episodes in ascending order.
Combined them into a playlist using playlist as a rule for each of the three shows, type = episodes, order by = Episode. When using observe "all" rules, I get a blank playlist. When using "one or more" I get the same order as before.
Appreciate your help with this.

Thank you,
Mark
(2021-01-05, 13:53)mwkurt Wrote: Hello,

I find this thread fascinating as I think this method of naming/sorting playlists may work for what I have been looking for. Perhaps, Karellen, you may know?

Take any number of TV Shows, sort them in a playlist and have them play in order. The catch is to not include any "watched" shows in the playlist. This is better explained in this prvious thread I created: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=356175

Look forward to hearing from you.

An additional question for you...How do you keep the additional prefix such as "MCU10-" from appearing in the standard Kodi TV Show listing when using the Kodi GUI?

Thank you,
Mark
It's works the way Lunatixz describes, and the results are in the image below. If I paste the xsp code, is that helpful?

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-01-05, 21:48)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-01-05, 13:53)mwkurt Wrote: Hello,

I find this thread fascinating as I think this method of naming/sorting playlists may work for what I have been looking for. Perhaps, Karellen, you may know?

Take any number of TV Shows, sort them in a playlist and have them play in order. The catch is to not include any "watched" shows in the playlist. This is better explained in this prvious thread I created: 356175 (thread)

Look forward to hearing from you.

An additional question for you...How do you keep the additional prefix such as "MCU10-" from appearing in the standard Kodi TV Show listing when using the Kodi GUI?

Thank you,
Mark
It's works the way Lunatixz describes, and the results are in the image below. If I paste the xsp code, is that helpful?

No it doesn't.

Try marking Hanna S01e01, Hanna S01E02 and Hanna S01E03 as watched as well as The Boys s01e01, s01e02, s01e03 and s01e04 and see what the result is. It will be as follows:
American Gods s01e01
American Gods s01e02
American Gods s01e03
Hanna s01e04
American Gods s01e04
Hanna s01e05
American Gods s01e05
The Boys s01e05...etc

When what I am looking for is something like:

American Gods s01e01
Hanna s01e04
The Boys s01e05
American Gods s01e02
Hanna s01e05
The Boys s01e05...etc.

Please try it again and let me know.

Thanks,
Mark
Then I cannot see it being possible.

The Order has to be based on something, and there is no option for "Next unplayed regardless of what episode number it is"

"Episode" being the only option that can sort as shown in my image.

You might be better off creating a Basic playlist but that is intensive work for something you will use once... https://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_playlists#Queue_Method
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Try my previously mentioned instructions, except for each series playlist remove the "watched" rule... Leaving only "is" "showtitle".

In the combined playlist that contains the series playlists, add the only playcount is 0 ie unwatched rule and sort by episode.

If this doesn't work then it may not be possible via playlists.
(2021-01-05, 23:16)Lunatixz Wrote: Try my previously mentioned instructions, except for each series playlist remove the "watched" rule... Leaving only "is" "showtitle".

In the combined playlist that contains the series playlists, add the only playcount is 0 ie unwatched rule and sort by episode.

If this doesn't work then it may not be possible via playlists.
First! Thanks again guys. Appreciate your direction.

Lunatxz...I have tried it that way. I believe that when doing it the way that you describe here, I would have to use the rule "all rules" as opposed to "one or more rules". At any rate, when using "One or more rules" it still doesn't work as intended for me.

Probably not possible. Thanks again guys!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with playlist. IS this possible0