Cannot use Kodi while using multiple displays
(2020-08-02, 00:41)Ideal-Snake Wrote: Things I've tried:
From your post it looks like nothing works... is that right? "Using the TV as my only display. It still crashes." and then I see "I watch Kodi through a Sony Bravia TV, connected via HDMI." sounds like a bit of incongruity.

We should be on the same page as I also run the GTX 1060 and although I run through an AVR, I often use direct mode to check this or that without issue. Key here is to twin your display (the log indicates a 1080p display) with the monitor utilizing at the beginning, just the windows desktop on both edge to edge and twin this with your TV. I note: 1920.000000 x 1017.000000 resizing (is this the TV shortfall? I also noted that the TV audio doesn't support most of the audio codecs, so it's Kodi for directsound) , we need to white list the resolutions at 1920 x 1080 and I'm not sure where this came from... Window: resizing due to size change (1920,32,3840,1049)->(1912,1,3848,1057) which smacks of a 4K device. With both devices at a harmonious resolution, launching Kodi should maintain those dimensions on both units.. (or black screen, crash, only one etc does windowed mode work?). The log indicates 'open device DIRECTSOUND:default' but what you want is HDMI - SONY TV (NVIDIA High Definition Audio device 1, check in system settings audio that you see this one by name and us it. Take note of the full screen resolution and ensure it's compliance with 1920x1080x60

Can we take Artwork Beef out of this equation for purposes of testing, I'm unsure of it's support.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cannot use Kodi while using multiple displays - by PatK - 2020-08-02, 05:51
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot use Kodi while using multiple displays0