advancedsettings.xml location on QNAP?
So I've installed Kodi on my QNAP TS-473 and can open it up and play videos, install addons etc without issue, but I'm having an issue tying it into the MySQL database.
So I have my advancedsettings.xml file which I know is correct, works on every other install I have, but I'm unable to get it working on the QNAP.

I think the issue is simply I don't know where the userdata folder is on the QNAP. I've had a little look around the forum and found some pointers taking me to /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Kodi18L/opt/share/kodi/userdata I've placed my advancedsettings.xml file in here and restarted Kodi but it has no effect... anyone know where the correct folder is or any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
ok, so me being blind i just ignored the .kodi folder that looks more like the right folder, but copying in the advancedsettings.xml folder still does nothing :S
Can you post a log file so we can see if the file is being picked up.
(2020-08-04, 01:16)FXB78 Wrote: Can you post a log file so we can see if the file is being picked up.

http://paste.kodi.tv/nesozesaca

I can see the error but have no idea why it's throwing it

ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos116 [1045](Access denied for user 'kodi'@'QNAP1' (using password: YES))

All details work fine on other devices, only possible thing I can think of is that the database is on the QNAP as well Kodi and for some reason there's some issue accessing the port locally? Everything is up and running, I'm able to connect to the db through phpmyadmin and through DBeaver on another PC, also tried connecting via a linux VM on the QNAP as well and that seems to connect up using the same details without issue.

Database name is the one shown aboe MyVideos116

Also tried using the IP Address of the QNAP, the network name, none seem to work, although I can connect to the network share using both in the file manager without issue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
advancedsettings.xml location on QNAP?0