Special instruction for specific url
Hi everyone I am quite new to Kodi development and python and am re purposing a dead plugin to build my own personal streaming APP (the now dead freeview plugin is the base but is now quite modified)
It is working  with multiple sources via html from my dedicated host, it all works fine but one of the sources I would like to use only allows the same IP to stream the media and I am not really sure how to go about this.

The content it will be streaming this way is media files like MP4, MKV and not Live TV, the links are within a pages html non obfuscated  so I will be pulling it using plugintools.py to grab the URL

I have some content from youtbube in my plugin using the plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id= as the url, How would I go about making a simple plugin that I can call the same way so I can have python pull the urls directly and use them like a  normal url in my web host's listing.

any help greatly appreciated, thank you all in advance.
(2020-08-04, 12:12)romxuk Wrote: Hi everyone I am quite new to Kodi development and python and am re purposing a dead plugin to build my own personal streaming APP (the now dead freeview plugin is the base but is now quite modified)
It is working  with multiple sources via html from my dedicated host, it all works fine but one of the sources I would like to use only allows the same IP to stream the media and I am not really sure how to go about this.

The content it will be streaming this way is media files like MP4, MKV and not Live TV, the links are within a pages html non obfuscated  so I will be pulling it using plugintools.py to grab the URL

I have some content from youtbube in my plugin using the plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id= as the url, How would I go about making a simple plugin that I can call the same way so I can have python pull the urls directly and use them like a  normal url in my web host's listing.

This might be what you need;

h**p://www.youtube.com/watch?v= 
Ex:
h**p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ6BxBaKUDQ
(bZ6BxBaKUDQ would be from the video_id= )
and forum embed format;
[video=youtube;bZ6BxBaKUDQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ6BxBaKUDQ[/video]
(2020-08-12, 21:23)shooty Wrote:
(2020-08-04, 12:12)romxuk Wrote: Hi everyone I am quite new to Kodi development and python and am re purposing a dead plugin to build my own personal streaming APP (the now dead freeview plugin is the base but is now quite modified)

This might be what you need;

h**p://www.youtube.com/watch?v= 
Ex:
h**p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ6BxBaKUDQ
(bZ6BxBaKUDQ would be from the video_id= )
and forum embed format;
[video=youtube;bZ6BxBaKUDQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ6BxBaKUDQ[/video]
That is not what I am looking for. Currently my add on grabs video urls from my webserver using the standard <a href tags. With the youtube plugin I can do a url like this 

<a href="plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=bZ6BxBaKUDQ" class="complex-link" data-content-type="programme">

The youtube plugin is resolving the url and passing it back to the program with the actual video url, I am after finding out how to do the same with different sources, Some I can do directly using php but others are IP locked meaning it can not be done server side which is why I am looking to make a url resolver in python

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Special instruction for specific url0