Mistranslated and conflicting element for Spanish translation
I note that in the latest updates for the Spanish language the term "colección" has been introduced for the term "library".

If I want to translate movieset as "colección" instead of the word "saga" this would conflict with the way to call the library.

Last translator for the item "library" @alfonskunk .

List of last translators...
# Aitor Prado <[email protected]>, 2016
# alfonskunk <[email protected]>, 2015,2017
# alfonskunk <[email protected]>, 2015,2017-2020
# Andrés Krüger <[email protected]>, 2017
# daryl, 2017
# daryl, 2017
# David Vukovic <davu@kodi.tv>, 2019
# Eddy AC <[email protected]>, 2015
# Eduardo G. <[email protected]>, 2017,2019
# el buve, 2015
# Emilio A. Sánchez López <[email protected]>, 2015
# Erik Fargas <[email protected]>, 2015
# fgp <[email protected]>, 2016
# Héctor Cordobés <[email protected]>, 2015
# Jesús Cea <jcea@jcea.es>, 2017
# fgp <[email protected]>, 2016
# Mauricio Garofalo <[email protected]>, 2015
# NetVicious <[email protected]>, 2018
# Ricardo González, 2015-2016
# Rafa Oliveros, 2018
# Rafa Oliveros, 2019-2020
# Ricardo González, 2015-2016
# Rubén Trujillo <[email protected]>, 2016
# Sergio Flores <[email protected]>, 2015
# William Moreno <[email protected]>, 2015
# xbmcero <[email protected]>, 2015-2016
# Yllelder,

I corrected some things for the Spanish language but I think this would be too important to make the decision to change it on my own responsibility. I would like the consensus of everyone who has translated into Spanish to make these changes.
(2020-08-09, 11:02)roliverosc Wrote: I note that in the latest updates for the Spanish language the term "colección" has been introduced for the term "library".

If I want to translate movieset as "colección" instead of the word "saga" this would conflict with the way to call the library.

I corrected some things for the Spanish language but I think this would be too important to make the decision to change it on my own responsibility. I would like the consensus of everyone who has translated into Spanish to make these changes.

I wrote about this traduction 5 years ago
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid1885697

I agree with your translation. For me
library: biblioteca
movieset: coleccion
(2020-08-09, 11:02)roliverosc Wrote: If I want to translate movieset as "colección" instead of the word "saga" this would conflict with the way to call the library.

Last translator for the item "library" @alfonskunk.

Translations for Kodi are being done via Transifex.
If necessary, you can make the changes yourself when you get your free Transifex account.
I know transifex. I have translated some items.
I say again that I think it would be a very significant change for Spanish speakers.
(2020-08-09, 11:02)roliverosc Wrote: I would like the consensus of everyone who has translated into Spanish to make these changes.

If you're gonna wait on every one of those contributors... You're gonna wait a long time.
I doubt that every one of those translators is still active.
(2020-08-09, 20:46)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-08-09, 11:02)roliverosc Wrote: I would like the consensus of everyone who has translated into Spanish to make these changes.

If you're gonna wait on every one of those contributors... You're gonna wait a long time.
I doubt that every one of those translators is still active.
Ok
(2020-08-09, 11:02)roliverosc Wrote: I note that in the latest updates for the Spanish language the term "colección" has been introduced for the term "library".

All we look for in Kodi's translations (besides the lack of typing errors), is that words and texts are being translated consistently.
So if you want to change the term for library (back) into something else, make sure you do that throughout the full set of Transifex Kodi sections: core, add-ons, et cetera.
You can use the search function in Transifex to handle things more easily.
I know how to work is not the first translation I do. Thank you @Klojum.

This is my GitHub.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mistranslated and conflicting element for Spanish translation0