Help with Pull request to submit to repo
Ive tried reading the docs but im at a loss, not familiar with git commands, I use smartgit to manage my project.

Can anyone provide simple steps of getting my github addon into the repo, its working tested and ive checked all the rules and pitfalls, just cant work out how to do the pull request

TIA
I'll give this a stab.  I end up doing a combination of stuff on a local github client and the github web site.  Assuming you have a github account already (which it looks like you do).  It looks like for smartgit (I've never used it, so I'm just going off the documentation on their site) you will need to make sure you've configured the Github integration:

https://www.syntevo.com/doc/display/SG/G...ntegration
  1. on the glthub web site, clone the correct repo (repo-scripts or repo-plugins,unless you addon starts with plugin. it's probably repo-scripts) into your account
  2. once you've cloned the repo, go to smartgit and pick that new cloned version of the repo to your local machine (again, that's what it looks like you need to do based on the documentation)
  3. pick the correct branch for the repo (Leia is currently shipping and uses Python 2.x, Matrix is in in Alpha and uses Python 3.x)
  4. copy the folder with your code into the repo
  5. use smartgit to commit all the new code at one time (i.e. a single commit), making sure to follow the naming convention for the PR
  6. go to the github website and find the cloned xbmc repo, there should be something about your clone being newer than the original
  7. from there you can submit a pull request which will be generated in the original xbmc repo (during that process, there will be a template you need to fill out before submitting the PR)
Once you submit a PR, an automated system will review the code. If any errors are found during that process, you can update the code in the clone on your desktop and then do a commit. That will get pushed to the xbmc repo and generate another check.  Once you pass all the automated checks, someone from the team will do a code review, so there might be other changes needed at that point as well. Since we're all volunteers, how long the review takes will depend some on who's available and not working on other stuff.

Those are the basics, and hopefully that'll get you started.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with Pull request to submit to repo0