• 10(current)
Release Twitch.tv
This site not working ..

https://twitchaaddon.page.link/benefits
Maybe try removing the extra a in the middle of twitchaaddon ?

Where has that link come from? I'd say there's a typo that needs to be corrected, as without the extra a it works and goes to GH.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2022-04-28, 08:32)jim_p Wrote: As suggested in the issue report I opened in github, creating a new oauth key for twitch solves the issue because the old one, supposedly, expired.
Thank you twitch for NOT notifying me about that key expiration while at the same time mandating credentials for accessing the api!
(insert thumb down emoji here)

And this happened again, ~2 months after creating a new key. A user at github said that it happened for him as well and that this will probably be a regular thing now.
I created an unnecessary account on twitch for that stupid key when it became mandatory for each user and I will create a new key, for the third time in 4 months, hoping it will last by the end of summer. If it does not, I will delete my account and remove twitch from kodi after 5+ years of almost daily usage.

If anyone knows how to delete a twitch account, please pm me. Thank you.
I'm having issues when I use the audio only option it crashes every time there's an ad
My OAuth token is expired, I've tried go to this page https://twichaddon.page.link/Z1iP for getting new token but the link seem doesn't work.

Is this my problem or does everyone get it?
You have a typo. Try https://twitchaddon.page.link/Z1iP
(2022-07-01, 22:23)wmansir Wrote: You have a typo. Try https://twitchaddon.page.link/Z1iP
Oh!! my fault. Thank you!
Hello.

I have installed twitch add on v2.6.1 on a raspberry pi 3b+ under kodi 17.6.

I'm able to loggin into my twitch account, but when i'm trying to see some streamings, raspberry doesn't play it....

Is it a problem of raspberry pi (not enough cpu) or maybe it is my fault with bad configuration??

Thank you.
(2022-06-24, 09:13)jim_p Wrote: And this happened again, ~2 months after creating a new key. A user at github said that it happened for him as well and that this will probably be a regular thing now.
I created an unnecessary account on twitch for that stupid key when it became mandatory for each user and I will create a new key, for the third time in 4 months, hoping it will last by the end of summer. If it does not, I will delete my account and remove twitch from kodi after 5+ years of almost daily usage.
I made a new key ~15 days after my post above. Yesterday marked exactly 2 months (July 7th to September 7th) that I had that key in use on my devices. And today, it just stopped working, just like the previous ones. As it seems every generated key has a 2-month life after which it is rendered completely useless.
If anyone else has observed this behavior, please add that detail in the readme. In case there is any difference between account types, I am talking about a free account.

So, if the above is true, this means that from now on, the user must create a new key for the addon 6 times a year! Well... f@#% that new api then!
Hello, just few days ago I had to make a completely new setup of my Raspi with the OSMC.
It ran for years without any problems, then suddenly stopped booting properly and couldn't be rescued.^^ Now I'm not really sure about certain video settings I did back then.

So after the new setup I got it up and running, but I have the video/audio not being sync issue.
I made sure to install the "InputStream Adaptive" and set the Twitch addon settings to adaptive.
On some streams it's working now, but many still having video/audio out of sync.

Any approaches? Maybe certain "InputStream Adaptive" configurations?

Cheers and thanks in advance.
Anyone experiencing lockups while browsing streams in Kodi Nexus, Twitch 2.6.2 and using AH2?  Example; browsing live Star Citizen streams and I would get down to the 5th streamer and Kodi would just lock.  I tried other game channels and while not consistent it does occasionally freeze Kodi.  I can play streams fine however so it's really odd.  Also, nothing in the log to indicate any problem either.

Update; YouTube Live also caused a lockup.  Switching back to Estuary, all problems fixed.
I started seeing this when I began to use the LibreELEC nightly development builds, constructed around the Kodi 20 Nexus betas.

The problem doesn't leave a lot of traces in the debug log, but a common factor is an error relating to font handling just before everything falls over.
(There is probably much more useful info in the stack-traces and memory dumps generated, but I don't have the skills to make effective diagnostic use of them myself.)

This seems to line up well with the nature of the problem, and seen I've seen others reporting crash issues with Youtube and Twitch streams/videos that have non-standard characters in the titles.

I am also using a custom skin (Transparency) which uses it's own fonts, so maybe that's also a data point as to why Estuary works for you.
Thanks for the info kurai, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a "me" thing.
I just wanted to add my experience to the mix.  Yesterday I upgraded from Kodi 19.5 to Kodi 20 (Nexus), using the full non-beta release from a couple of days ago.  Everything worked fine with the upgrade, and Kodi itself seemed to be functioning normally.  However, I experienced consistent Kodi lockups while using the Twitch plugin and trying to even go to just a list of any live Twitch streams.  Be it my Following list, or a list within any category under the "Games" section, Kodi would freeze and fully lock up consistently every time.  I thought it might have been something with Twitch itself and it was a just an unfortunate case of bad timing, but I tried dropping back to Kodi 19.5 (same user folder, etc) and the Twitch plugin had no trouble pulling up live streams there.

I'm using Confluence as the interface, for what it's worth.  So I'm not sure what's different with Kodi 20 behind-the-scenes in relation to how the Twitch plugin interfaces with it, but there does seem to be something causing some issues.
There's been a fix committed to the CGUIFontTTF function in the main Kodi development branch relating to the various "crash when viewing listing" issues.

Essentially it reverts to the Matrix (v.19) method of how a non-standard Unicode character is handled when it's not present within a given font.
The inconsistent/incomplete? Nexus (v.20) method leads to crashes under some common conditions, hence bug reports across a wide variety of video addons.
Not a lot the addon devs can do about it since the root of the problem is a core Kodi issue.

So ... if you can't wait for a mainline Kodi version bump, install a development build or revert to Matrix (v.19) as a temporary workaround.

Ref: Github: [fix] freeze caused by unicode characters missing in font #22658
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Twitch.tv0