• 2(current)
Release Twitch.tv
(2020-09-11, 00:45)chief27 Wrote: I am seeing ads again. I have Twitch Turbo subscription and even seeing them happen on channels I am specifically subscribed to. Seems to happen between 6pm-9pm EST. Also, while I am sure its not the addon's fault, maybe Twitch is working on something in the background that is breaking the API from correctly seeing account details to let them know to leave me out of the ads. I am surprised no one else has noticed this. Logs do not point out anything or requests to different urls when ads happen.
I noticed it yesterday with an old install on libreelec and today on a new install on ubuntu.
(2020-09-11, 06:37)savindwales Wrote:
(2020-09-11, 00:45)chief27 Wrote: I am seeing ads again. I have Twitch Turbo subscription and even seeing them happen on channels I am specifically subscribed to. Seems to happen between 6pm-9pm EST. Also, while I am sure its not the addon's fault, maybe Twitch is working on something in the background that is breaking the API from correctly seeing account details to let them know to leave me out of the ads. I am surprised no one else has noticed this. Logs do not point out anything or requests to different urls when ads happen.
I noticed it yesterday with an old install on libreelec and today on a new install on ubuntu.
Yep, it is still happening today, so that timeframe I posted originally seems to not be accurate anymore. It is just commercial fest now.
Also, at least for me, streams doing rerun of old content (purple ones in my Kodi) does not work.
You currently see many folks complaining that Twitch seems to have changed ad behaviour. Now you get ads at random in the middle of a stream, which drives people up the walls, understandably.
AMD Ryzen 5 2700 | Asus ROG Strix B350 ITX | Geforce RTX 2060 
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS | Kernel 6.1 | Nvidia blob drivers | Kodi v20
My issue with embedded ads is that I specifically pay for a Twitch Turbo subscription so I shouldn't have to deal with them. But the way the Twitch API is forced to work with the addon, Twitch does not allow that information to be obtained by the addon, so I am now just throwing $9/mo in the trash because of poor decisions Twitch force upon developers.
There's a verified fix for the sub/turbo advertising issues, it's far from an optimal fix but it is likely the only fix. See; https://github.com/anxdpanic/Twitch-on-K...o-benefits
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
I'm also seeing commercials or should I say "A commercial in progress" screen on my FireTV 4k. I have the newest Kodi version and already tried to update all apps.
Help Sad
(2020-09-17, 21:59)Grandious228 Wrote: I'm also seeing commercials or should I say "A commercial in progress" screen on my FireTV 4k. I have the newest Kodi version and already tried to update all apps.
Help Sad

To clarify, I never seen apps and it started maybe a week ago. Never been a turbo user or subbed to some channels. I see the sreen when I switch the channel or the streamer actively presses the button. Is this something already known?
I had "a commercial is in progress" screens at beginning of streams when I started watching.

10 to 15 seconds and not a big deal for me.

But sometimes this screen starts to bug out and starts to loop. 12 times and more the countdown. Waited to see what happens. Kodi crashed after approx 30 loops.

One time this loop appeared 1 hour into a stream and crashed also after approx 20 or 30 times.
(2020-09-16, 21:39)anxdpanic Wrote: There's a verified fix for the sub/turbo advertising issues, it's far from an optimal fix but it is likely the only fix. See; https://github.com/anxdpanic/Twitch-on-K...o-benefits
I tried this and it worked for me. The channel I subscribe to now streams without the endless commerical countdowns. Thank you for sharing this.
So is there a solution for the rest of us who don't pay for twitch? 

I'm seeing looping partial ads that run for about 2 seconds, loop around 20 times and crash kodi.  Most postings seem to be about people who pay for this service.

This is a recent thing as I've been running this with no ads for a long time now.  This really makes the addon useless as ads came come in at any point now (1, 5, 60 minutes) in a stream and eventually crash my kodi box.
There is no solution for non-paying users, out of good faith, I don't intend to block any ads. I watch 90% Twitch and deal the ads as well.
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
Ads and ads crashing your system are two separate issues.  It was fun while it lasted I guess.
Is something wrong with past broadcasts? Many times there are no videos available even though I can see them on twitch.tv
Anytime I get a mid-roll add, it keeps looping over and over again forever. It forces me to stop the stream and reopen it. If a dev wants the log, I can share. Though mid-roll adds haven't been occurring too often (luckily), it still happens once every couple hours if you're watching the right stream. To be clear, by mid-roll ads I mean ads that occur in the middle of a stream.

Edit: See post #42 for a fix.
"We won't tell you what to do, not to do or how to use our software." -DarrenHill
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Twitch.tv0