Inaccurate weather temps for all 5 add ons tried.
for location 1, I  put in my city, edmonton, alberta, canada

ive seen random numbers from 300, to 100 to 1000f lol.

The one I have no seems to be somewhat right but currenty says 68f. when all edmonton weather shows 71f

help!
Which addons? They will all just source their info from websites.
(2020-08-15, 23:11)FXB78 Wrote: Which addons? They will all just source their info from websites.

openweathermap extended
oz weather
weather china
gismeteo
met office
weatherbit io (this one is the only one thats even close to correct, but still 4F off.
yahoo weather

these were the ones available when just going into the settings>weather>addons
Met Office is a UK website so probably won't return results for Canada. Oz Weather is Australian, Weather China is Chinese.

Gismeteo shows me 70F currently, Yahoo Weather shows 68F. So either of these are fine. Weatherbit needs an API Key so I didn't bother with that.

If you're saying a site is 4F off, that's really not an issue as they will all record the temp slightly differently & 4F is not really much at all. I couldn't see any random 300, to 100 to 1000F, maybe those figures were from the China, UK & Australia sites where it couldn't retrieve the data for Canada.
(2020-08-15, 23:45)FXB78 Wrote: Met Office is a UK website so probably won't return results for Canada. Oz Weather is Australian, Weather China is Chinese.

Gismeteo shows me 70F currently, Yahoo Weather shows 68F. So either of these are fine. Weatherbit needs an API Key so I didn't bother with that.

If you're saying a site is 4F off, that's really not an issue as they will all record the temp slightly differently & 4F is not really much at all. I couldn't see any random 300, to 100 to 1000F, maybe those figures were from the China, UK & Australia sites where it couldn't retrieve the data for Canada.

gismeteo is accurate now. 72F Wink thank you
(2020-08-15, 23:18)Pdubbbs Wrote:
(2020-08-15, 23:11)FXB78 Wrote: Which addons? They will all just source their info from websites.

openweathermap extended
oz weather
weather china
gismeteo
met office
weatherbit io (this one is the only one thats even close to correct, but still 4F off.
yahoo weather

Yeah so as above several of those don't cover Canada at all, so....not too surprising really that you might see some junk data.

On the flip-side, this is precisely why I actually wrote Oz Weather (& to be clear, Oz Weather is for Australia only), all those years ago - because all those ones using the global type weather services (inc like AccuWeather etc.) - were so far off...and just all the time.  I just couldn't see the point in having weather addons that told me it was 20 and fine outside, when in fact it was pissing rain and more like 10 according to my home weather station thing (and my eyes!). 

Here in Australia there is a national, accurate weather service call the BOM.  Perhaps Canada has one too?  In which case, consider scratching your own itch and write a weather addon that gathers data from it (and makes other Canadian Kodi users happy)...that's what I did.  When I started I didn't know anything about Python, Kodi Addons etc - but it wasn't too hard to copy an existing one and run from there.

(But even with a great weather service, there are only so many recording stations etc., so the data might be a few minutes/slight distance off, depending on physically how close you are to the 'source').
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2020-08-16, 01:28)bossanova808 Wrote:
(2020-08-15, 23:18)Pdubbbs Wrote:

openweathermap extended
oz weather
weather china
gismeteo
met office
yahoo weather

Yeah so as above several of those don't cover Canada at all, so....not too surprising really that you might see some junk data.

On the flip-side, this is precisely why I actually wrote Oz Weather (& to be clear, Oz Weather is for Australia only), all those years ago - because all those ones using the global type weather services (inc like AccuWeather etc.) - were so far off...and just all the time.  I just couldn't see the point in having weather addons that told me it was 20 and fine outside, when in fact it was pissing rain and more like 10 according to my home weather station thing (and my eyes!). 

Here in Australia there is a national, accurate weather service call the BOM.  Perhaps Canada has one too?  In which case, consider scratching your own itch and write a weather addon that gathers data from it (and makes other Canadian Kodi users happy)...that's what I did.  When I started I didn't know anything about Python, Kodi Addons etc - but it wasn't too hard to copy an existing one and run from there.

(But even with a great weather service, there are only so many recording stations etc., so the data might be a few minutes/slight distance off, depending on physically how close you are to the 'source').
Thanks for doing all that.

The gismeteo one at first wasn't accurate, but I was probably too impatient, and it just needed some time, or restarting kodi, but it is now displaying it accurately to the degree, matching what my apps,computer, and website also show. Had that not been he case, I may have set up a Canadian one, but its all good, Wink
[font][font]Witam jeśli masz problem z odczytaniem temperatury to polecam wejść tutaj https://www.twojapogoda.pl/[/font][/font]
@alix90

We are an English forum. Please also post a translation. Google Translate is ok
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The issue I'm seeing lately is the National Weather Service has the most detailed forecasts of any US plugin, but the temperature data goes wonky all the time. It'll be correct (within a few degrees) and refresh and say 32F when it's 12F out. It's always saying exactly 32F when it happens and restarting KODI doesn't change a thing.

I can change the setting location to another weather station nearby and that may or may not fix it, but sure as rain it'll soon say 32F within a few hours.

I've reluctantly changed to Gismeteo and Multi-Weather before and they typically just show a slash through them or multiply the temperature by 2x when they act up, which again is too frequent.

The one that gave me the fewest problems was Yahoo Weather, but one day last year it just stopped working and was never fixed.

I ended up buying a weather station external remote sensor and nuclear clock kit that at least gives me the correct indoor and outdoor temperatures at all times and a surprisingly accurate forecast mode from the built-in barometer (for next 12 hours). I suppose in combination with the National Weather plugin's more detailed forecasts and radar returns it's as good as I can get. I just have to learn to ignore the 32F BS temperature reports it gives and look at the local one on the table in the living room. That doesn't work in the home theater room, however.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Inaccurate weather temps for all 5 add ons tried.0