Movie Collections and NFO files
I am getting a better feel of the movies portion finally.  I have been playing with TMM converting my popcorn file names to KODI standards.  When I used TMM it changed the name of my fanart and posters to mach KODI.  Before they were the same name as the movie .fanart.  This works fine so far when I scrape them with KODI.  As far as the NFO file, it does convert the popcorn NFO which was the same as the movie name to movie.nfo.  KODI seems to read it, but it obvioisly does not have all the information that KODI scrapes.  So what I have done is exported the library and it writes the new NFO file, but the new NFO file is the same as the movie name.nfo.  I then remove the source to clear the library and then add the source to rescrape it.  It picks up my fanart and posters, but seems to only load the movie.nfo not the one I saved thats the same name as the movie.  I have manually changed the names and then it scrapes perfectly with all the content.  Am I missing a step here when I exprort the library?

Now for the movie collections.  I have custom movie collections posters.  I can replace them with the poster manager in KODI, but when I save the library, it does not save the collection poster.  Is there a special name for them so that when I scrape the source it will pic it up automatcally?  like changing my poster name that matched the movie to just poster.

After I figure out these last two, I think I will be ready for tv series then my home movies and some hot tag my sons TV/movies so he can get to them right away and I/we dont have to see them in the TV and movie liibrary.
@badbones

This is not a skin problem, so I will move you to Information Providers forum.

(2020-08-17, 07:57)badbones Wrote: When I used TMM it changed the name of my fanart and posters to mach KODI.  Before they were the same name as the movie .fanart.
You might have the wrong setting in TMM activated. Have a read of the following which should explain the problem...

The default naming of movie artwork, in all cases, is the long format of <videofilename>-<artworktype>.ext eg... Blade Runner (1984)-poster.jpg
The default naming of movie NFO Files, is <videofilename>.nfo eg... Blade Runner (1984).nfo

Short movie artwork names (eg... poster, fanart, etc), and the use of movie.nfo can be used and are scanned only when the following conditions are met...
  1. Movie Folders (wiki) are used
  2. Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title must be Enabled in the Set Content Screen. (wiki)
  3. No corresponding artwork with long format names are present in that movie folder, as these take priority.
  4. movie.nfo has priority but still uses the standard NFO (wiki) naming of <videofilename>.nfo as a fallback.

(2020-08-17, 07:57)badbones Wrote: Now for the movie collections.  I have custom movie collections posters.  I can replace them with the poster manager in KODI, but when I save the library, it does not save the collection poster.  Is there a special name for them so that when I scrape the source it will pic it up automatcally?  like changing my poster name that matched the movie to just poster.
The Movie Set Artwork feature is not complete in v18, but has been completed in v19 and works well. Please read here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets_artwork

(2020-08-17, 07:57)badbones Wrote: After I figure out these last two, I think I will be ready for tv series then my home movies
oh, no runs and hides

(2020-08-17, 07:57)badbones Wrote: hot tag my sons TV/movies so he can get to them right away and I/we dont have to see them in the TV and movie liibrary.
See... Custom home items (wiki)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Collections and NFO files0