v18 Is there any way to add video to the library if it is not picked up by the scraper?
Hi there.

I am currently using TVDB to automatically scrape TV Recordings that I have made via TVHeadend, so they show up automatically in my library.

This works fairly well but there are still lots of shows that are never picked up.

I try my best to add some of these shows to TVDB but I don't have the time to do it for every one.

Is there any way to have unscraped shows appear in my library?
You can use an NFO (wiki) file for that. You would of course have to create that file though for each entry.

But basically having metadata (usually via scraping) is the entry into inclusion into the library. Otherwise just use the videos>files view if you want to see everything, scraped or not.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks, Darren.

Unfortunately, creating a NFO for each file, manually, for each file would be a little too time-intensive as well.

I did look into the possibility of TVHeadend automatically creating a NFO file but that does not seem to be possible.

The file view has a few drawback on my system too:

1. I use a Raspberry Pi and have lots of recordings - every time I view the folder, it takes over 30 seconds to load the list.

2. In file mode, the folders don't reflect the watched status of the files - e.g. if all the files within a folder are marked as watched, the folder itself should show a watched status too.  However, this doesn't seem to be possible - without this, I struggle to work out whether there are any new unwatched recordings.

I seem to remember having read about and add-on that added unscraped files to the library, with just their file name, when the scraper was unable to identify them - do you happen to know if that still exists?
This might be what you're thinking of?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks, mate - much appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there any way to add video to the library if it is not picked up by the scraper?0