v19 Help with "Remote Control Browser" addon
Hi. I recently started with kodi. i successfully installed leia and chrome on a laptop. i made kore work, but kore doesn't work in chrome. I installed "Remote Control Browser", but I can't get it to work, in the configuration menu, I enter the browser's address, but obviously I'm doing something wrong .. any help?
Thanks in advance
Alejandro
(2020-08-18, 02:45)afm22000 Wrote: Hi. I recently started with kodi. i successfully installed leia and chrome on a laptop. i made kore work, but kore doesn't work in chrome. I installed "Remote Control Browser", but I can't get it to work, in the configuration menu, I enter the browser's address, but obviously I'm doing something wrong .. any help?
If I understand correctly, you can watch your media by running Kodi on the laptop; and have probably installed addons to watch streamed media from outside sources (e.g. Netflix, Amazon Prime, BBC).  There are also some media sources (eg Kanopy.com and some free-to-air TV channels who block Kodi) which can however be viewed for free using a regular browser. To watch these you currently have to exit Kodi and use Chrome to stream them. 

Alejandro, I am also pretty new to Kodi myself ... but not sure how you see Kore fitting in.

I suspect you may be confused about the two use cases for a remote control / browser - I know I was. 
(1) You may wish to remotely control your Kodi media centre from a smart phone app or browser on another computer. I use Kore on my phone as a remote control for Kodi running on my Raspberry Pi.
(2) It would be so much better to access a website from within Kodi.  From memory "Remote Control Browser" is one of the addons I have tried on my Raspberry Pi ... but I recently found in this thread  Klojum states that "The only option currently for a web browser "inside" Kodi is in the Intel 86-64 generic build of LibrELEC."

If you can supply more information about your Kodi setup (e.g. which Operating System) and what your problem is / what you are trying to achieve, I think you will receive a more helpful response.

cheers, Don

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with "Remote Control Browser" addon0