KODI music listening workflow
Hi everyone, how are you?

Well, before moving to KODI (running on a Odroid setup as a media server) I used to use Media Monkey as my main music management app.

I'm a serious collector, so my music library is extremely well organized.

I used to love to rate songs and set up filters so, for example, I could randomly listen to all my songs rated above 4 stars.

The thing is, since I moved to KODI, I could never replicate this apparently simple workflow.

Sometimes I rate my songs (through Kore or Yatse), but then, after a while, these ratings simply disappear (Kodi doesn't save them on their ID3 Tags?)

...And I was never able to setup some kind of filter in order to listen to songs separated by ratings. KODI's playlists are really weird to setup.

What am I doing wrong? Am I missing something?

Could you guys give me a hand here? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

M.
(2020-08-19, 19:37)Morguito Wrote: Sometimes I rate my songs (through Kore or Yatse), but then, after a while, these ratings simply disappear (Kodi doesn't save them on their ID3 Tags?)
Kodi does not write to the embedded tags in the music files. Ratings are all written to the music database.

(2020-08-19, 19:37)Morguito Wrote: ...And I was never able to setup some kind of filter in order to listen to songs separated by ratings. KODI's playlists are really weird to setup.
You can use Filters from the left sideblade menu... https://kodi.wiki/view/Advanced_library_filtering
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for your reply, man.

Isn't there a way to simply select a song while listening and send it to a playlist?

Like, for example, I really liked this blues tune, then I can simply click and send it to "my favorite blues songs" playlist?

Thanks again.
Unfortunately not at the moment.  Your example sounds simple enough but Kodi would have to show a list of all the playlists the song could possibly be added to.  Not so elegant on a 10ft UI operated by remote if there are more than a few playlists. You could 'fake' it somewhat by setting up smart playlists based on ratings & mood/genre tags so that increasing the rating over a certain level would cause the track to automatically appear in the playlist.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2020-08-19, 23:15)Morguito Wrote: Isn't there a way to simply select a song while listening and send it to a playlist?
Give this addon a try... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257334
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI music listening workflow0