Folders and Watched Status Ticks - how do they work?
Apologies in advance if this not the best forum for this question - feel free to re-post elsewhere if necessary.
Can anyone explain, to me, how the folder watched status, in Kodi, works?

For example, if you have video folder called "Top Gear" and it contains three episodes, that have all been watched and contain a tick, is it the fact that all the video files contain a tick that triggers the video file to have a tick?

Here is my issue:
I use TVHeadend to record TV to a folder called "Recordings".
I have my library to scan this file, with TVDB, to automatically add them to my library.
This, for the most part, works fine.

However, there is a major drawback with this and it relates to the watched status of my folders.
Not all shows are automatically added to my library, so I have to sometimes access them via file mode.

If I watch all the episodes, via this method, the video folder fails to be updated with a tick, to show that all of the episodes have been watched - bit of a drawback as I have no method of knowing when new episodes have been recorded.

However, if I also look at file mode, I notice ticks on folders when the episodes inside have not been watched.
This has been bugging me for years and I cannot start to looks into this without understanding how the basic process works, in Kodi.
Is it perhaps the TVHeadend plugin that is causing a conflict with my system?

I now only use the plugin for live TV, because if I watch a recorded program with the plugin, it gets marked as watched but then this is not reflected in the Kodi library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Folders and Watched Status Ticks - how do they work?0