Solved Problem with artist name containing "
(2020-09-09, 18:20)pjrippin Wrote: As you can see in the screenshot the artist is simply <\>.
[url=javascript:void(0)]Image[/url][url=javascript:void(0)]Image[/url][url=javascript:void(0)]Image[/url]
None of those links work.

If the image is on your computer, use button 19.
If the image has already been uploaded to a public image hosting site, right click the image and select Copy image location then use button 14 and paste the link
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Artist name is just \.

(2020-09-10, 00:35)pjrippin Wrote: Artist name is just \.
Oh, yes now I see. I have that also but did not notice.

This scraper is essentially unmaintained. Maybe @docwra has an idea.

Otherwise install the Metadata Editor from Programs in the Kodi repository. Restart Kodi. Call up the context menu for the music video entry, select Metadata Editor and edit the name.

You could also use nfo files.

Don't wait for a fix as it will probably never come.

Also, some upcoming changes for v19... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=356598
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-09-10, 00:56)Karellen Wrote:

Otherwise install the Metadata Editor from Programs in the Kodi repository. Restart Kodi. Call up the context menu for the music video entry, select Metadata Editor and edit the name.

Also, some upcoming changes for v19... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=356598

So if I understand, this means you believe the problem is in theaudiodb scraper code, and not in the kodi code.  I made the call to theaudiodb myself and the json output is perfectly OK, everything is there, just that somewhere later the artist field is not being parsed properly.  Hence why I started my enquiry here.  It is interesting because quotes in the director and description fields are parsed perfectly correctly, as you can see in the screenshot.
(2020-09-10, 10:03)pjrippin Wrote: So if I understand, this means you believe the problem is in theaudiodb scraper code, and not in the kodi code
I have no idea where the problem lies. Usually issues like this is scraper related, but it could also be Kodi core.

Maybe @black_eagle knows as he is most likely looking at the code for his other work.
My Signature
(2020-09-10, 10:03)pjrippin Wrote:
(2020-09-10, 00:56)Karellen Wrote:

So if I understand, this means you believe the problem is in theaudiodb scraper code, and not in the kodi code.  I made the call to theaudiodb myself and the json output is perfectly OK, everything is there, just that somewhere later the artist field is not being parsed properly.  Hence why I started my enquiry here.  It is interesting because quotes in the director and description fields are parsed perfectly correctly, as you can see in the screenshot.
Yes you are doing the right thing, you can always test the API yourself and as you say, it most likely works fine Smile

I think Kodi does some funky stuff with some strings to help with cross platform compatibility so your probably out of luck with the scraper.

Best thing to do as stated above is simply create an NFO file and dump it in there, it will work perfectly everytime after that.
Yeah, looking in the DB there are two entries created.  The first is \ and the second is "Weird Al" Yankovic.  Obviously, the second one is correct but core pulls out the first link as the artist.  Not too sure why/where that initial \ is coming from.  My debug log doesn't seem to show an issue with the data returned from tadb but more digging is required to see exactly what's going on.

If I find it, I'll have a go at fixing it, but no promises or timescales!
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2020-09-10, 11:02)black_eagle Wrote: Yeah, looking in the DB there are two entries created.  The first is \ and the second is "Weird Al" Yankovic.  Obviously, the second one is correct but core pulls out the first link as the artist.  Not too sure why/where that initial \ is coming from.  My debug log doesn't seem to show an issue with the data returned from tadb but more digging is required to see exactly what's going on.

If I find it, I'll have a go at fixing it, but no promises or timescales!
Thank you for looking at it!

The scraper call in theaudiodb addon returns the following - 

JSON:
{"track":[{"idTrack":"32835470","idAlbum":"2119264","idArtist":"112556","idLyric":"0","idIMVDB":"0","strTrack":"Amish Paradise","strAlbum":"Bad Hair Day","strArtist":"\"Weird Al\" Yankovic","strArtistAlternate":"Weird Al Yankovic","intCD":null,"intDuration":"201000","strGenre":"Comedy","strMood":"Humorous","strStyle":"Urban/R&B","strTheme":"...","strDescriptionEN":"\"Amish Paradise\" is a 1996 single by parodist \"Weird Al\" Yankovic. It is a parody of the hip hop song \"Gangsta's Paradise\" by Coolio featuring L.V. (which itself is a reworking of the Stevie Wonder song \"Pastime Paradise\"). Featured on the album Bad Hair Day, it turns the original \"Gangsta's Paradise\", in which the narrator laments his dangerous way of life, on its head by presenting an Amish man praising his relatively plain and uncomplicated existence.\n\nAlthough Yankovic traditionally secures permission from the artists he parodies (even though this is not legally required, as parodies are covered under fair use guidelines), and was told by his record label that Coolio had given permission, Coolio later claimed that he had not given such permission (and in fact publicly expressed disgust saying that Yankovic's parody \"desecrated the song\"). This created a minor controversy, as speculation surfaced that Coolio had actually given permission but later claimed he had not in the fear that allowing the parody would not be seen as \"cool\", or that Yankovic's record label had lied to Yankovic in the hopes that the song would become popular.\n\nYankovic later stated on VH1's Behind the Music that he had written a sincere letter of apology to Coolio, which was never returned, and that Coolio never complained when he received his royalty check from proceeds of the song. A series of photos taken at the XM Satellite Radio booth at the 2006 Consumer Electronics Show suggests that Yankovic and Coolio may have made amends.\n\nOn June 27, 2013 during an \"Ask Me Anything\" on Reddit, Yankovic was asked \"Is Coolio still upset about Amish Paradise?\", to which Yankovic replied \"Coolio's cool with me now. We ran into each other a few years ago and it's all water under the proverbial bridge.\" Coolio stated in a 2014 interview that the decision to refuse the parody at the time was \"stupid\" and wished that someone on his management had stopped him, and considers the final parody to be \"funny\".","strTrackThumb":"https://www.theaudiodb.com/images/media/track/thumb/rrvxvt1582026276.jpg","strTrack3DCase":null,"strTrackLyrics":"","strMusicVid":"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOfZLb33uCg","strMusicVidDirector":"\"Weird Al\" Yankovic","strMusicVidCompany":"","strMusicVidScreen1":"https://www.theaudiodb.com/images/media/track/mvidscreen/xptuxp1582026287.jpg","strMusicVidScreen2":"https://www.theaudiodb.com/images/media/track/mvidscreen/rswwyv1582026298.jpg","strMusicVidScreen3":"https://www.theaudiodb.com/images/media/track/mvidscreen/yxsvpr1582026307.jpg","intMusicVidViews":"42144066","intMusicVidLikes":"205368","intMusicVidDislikes":"4927","intMusicVidFavorites":"0","intMusicVidComments":"27321","intTrackNumber":"1","intLoved":"1","intScore":"10","intScoreVotes":"1","intTotalListeners":null,"intTotalPlays":null,"strMusicBrainzID":"850d8028-846f-41dc-835c-3d3df1d83566","strMusicBrainzAlbumID":"95684193-58dc-3bec-8733-86c544116652","strMusicBrainzArtistID":"7746d775-9550-4360-b8d5-c37bd448ce01","strLocked":"unlocked"}]}

It looks like kodi is not properly processing the initial \ which means that the following " is taken as the end of the string, instead of the 1st character of the artist name.  I don't know much about how this works, but I cannot see anything in the tadb.xml which I could easily change to influence this, and it works correctly for the director field.  Hence, I though it could be something in the kodi code itself.
And looking at it further, you said that when you looked in the DB there was an artist Weird Al Yankovic created, that would seem to come from the string strArtistAlternate.
(2020-09-10, 12:22)pjrippin Wrote: And looking at it further, you said that when you looked in the DB there was an artist Weird Al Yankovic created, that would seem to come from the string strArtistAlternate.

No, that's actually from the director field.  I have had a look at the regex though (not that I'm particularly good with it) and I have a version of the scraper now that correctly scrapes "Weird Al" Yankovic.  I've tested it against some other videos and they all scraped correctly too.  Now I need someone to look it over and check I've not created a regression.
@pjrippin There is an updated version here https://www.dropbox.com/s/owrwbxbnvcych3...m.zip?dl=0 for you to test.  It would be wise if you made a back-up copy of your currently installed version before installing this one.  Also, you will have to remove all your incorrectly scraped videos from the library before re-scraping them with this version. 

Please let me know whether or not this fixes it for you and if you have chance, whether or not it breaks anything when scraping other videos.  Cheers.

EDIT -  The official scraper has been updated so the fix should be available in the latest version in the Kodi repo.
(2020-09-11, 08:01)black_eagle Wrote: @pjrippin There is an updated version here https://www.dropbox.com/s/owrwbxbnvcych3...m.zip?dl=0 for you to test.  It would be wise if you made a back-up copy of your currently installed version before installing this one.  Also, you will have to remove all your incorrectly scraped videos from the library before re-scraping them with this version. 

Please let me know whether or not this fixes it for you and if you have chance, whether or not it breaks anything when scraping other videos.  Cheers.

EDIT -  The official scraper has been updated so the fix should be available in the latest version in the Kodi repo.
Thank you for the fix.  I have tested it and as far as I can see it works correctly - it certainly works for the "Weird Al" Yankovic videos.

I am sorry for the delay in testing it and replying - unfortunate timing!  You posted it a couple of hours after I left for a long weekend abroad visiting a friend and I only saw the post when I got back.

Thank you for all your help in this matter.

Paul
(2020-09-16, 17:39)pjrippin Wrote: I am sorry for the delay in testing it and replying - unfortunate timing!  You posted it a couple of hours after I left for a long weekend abroad visiting a friend and I only saw the post when I got back.

No problem, glad it's all sorted.

Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with artist name containing "0