Android Wrapper for android box
Good evening
I ask if there are any Wrappers to be used in the pits such as Zidoo and Dune
Thank you
Zidoo doesn’t need a wrapper if you use their Kodi fork ZDMC. But, for it, or any Android box, you can also use XBMC Wrapper. There are YouTube tutorials on how to set it up and use it.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Thank you
I apologize for my ignorance.
The ZDMC is a proprietary interface and has its own development and I don't know if I could install third party skins.
By installing the official app you can install the latest releases and favorite skins and with the Wrapper take advantage of the native Zidoo player.
Is my reasoning wrong?
Sincerely thank you
ZDMC 18.x is almost exactly the same as Kodi 18.x. You can install any Kodi skins, add-ons, etc. The extra functionality it has is the ‘play with external player’ option, which basically pushes all playback to the native Android player, which supports full 3D playback. The only downside with ZDMC is that we’re still stuck with v18.4, while official Kodi is 18.8. But, in a sense it doesn’t matter as ZDMC acts only as a frontend/jukebox to manage your movies and TV shows with posters, fanart, plot, etc.

With XBMC Wrapper, set-up work is required vs. external playback being preset with ZDMC, but XBMC wrapper works with any Android player, and allows you to create mounts to shares. And, you can use the latest official Kodi; not that it’s going to really benefit you much with Zidoo. It’ll still be mostly a frontend.
From what I understand, they both switch to the native Zidoo player.
The difference between ZDMC and Wrapper is that ZDMC allows the front end resolution to 4K instead the Wrapper with Kodi app limits @ 1080p
I don't know if there are other differences, maybe the Wrapper is a paid app.
It's right?
Thanks for the replies
Didn't know about 4K vs. 1080p UI resolution. XBMC Wrapper costs $8; bought it a while back, to use with HiMedia, but with Zidoo, have stuck with ZDMC. If Zidoo stops updates to ZDMC, may need to return to XMBC Wrapper.
I was thinking about tests to do, only I don't have a Zidoo product.
I have HiMedia Q10 Pro and I extracted the "Wrapper.apk" app from the Firmware, you could try installing it on Zidoo and check if it works.
In theory it should work, as it should switch with the player's Android player.

[align=initial !important]  [/align]
hey
wth witch firmware did you install wrapper, from himedia?
how did you install wrapper?
thx
Hello, what about ZDMC in 2024?
Is this a 1:1 version of Kodi?
I might want to get the X9S, so if you use the ZDMC, do you use the ZDMC/Kodi player or the system player from the Zidoo box?
I'm asking because I want to know if it saves the playback of a video, i.e. progress and then marks it as watched?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wrapper for android box0