Creating a New/Recently added Artists playlist
Ive been scratching my head on this one. Wanted to create a recently added artists playlist which I could then use as a widget.

My first thought was that dateadded would be available in artist smart playlist settings but its not

second thought was create a smart playlist for albums based on recently added, and then create a smart playlist for artists which uses that previous playlist as a source but thats also not possible

Did find a few threads from back in 2017 discussing the whole date added scenario for music, it was apparently on the road map for kodi 18 but im presuming didnt make it

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=303025

Is it something thats even possible with some clever smart playlist making?
I’m pretty sure v19 adds new Dates for smart playlists, although I haven’t checked yet having just installed v19 alpha this weekend.

I’m sure DaveBlake will confirm.
Yes what you want is in v19 (probably)

Tell me do you want artists recently added to this installation of Kodi, or artists of albums or making appearence on tracks that have been recently added to this installation of Kodi, or  added to your music collection (which may not be the same if you did a new install) , or artists of tracks that have a recent date (say media you have owned for years but just added to Kodi) .
Basically in the same way that recently added albums is albums you have added most recently to your library (regardless of year of release or timestamp on the files)

so recently added to kodi library

not, recently released, or recent file timestamps

i was hoping it was possible via smart playlists even if it took a russian doll approach but doesnt seem that way lol

So for instance, if tomorrow I was to add The Beatles / Hard Days Night (1963 ish), Led Zepellin IV (1974 ish), T'Pau . Bridge of Spies (1990 ish) which had been sitting on my hard drive for a while and had datestamps from about 2010, and Phoebe Bridgers / Punisher (2020) which I had just got then The beatles, Led Zep, T'pau and Phoebe Bridgers would all appear in my "recently added artists"
(2020-08-24, 08:15)DaveBlake Wrote: Yes what you want is in v19 (probably)

Tell me do you want artists recently added to this installation of Kodi, or artists of albums or making appearence on tracks that have been recently added to this installation of Kodi, or  added to your music collection (which may not be the same if you did a new install) , or artists of tracks that have a recent date (say media you have owned for years but just added to Kodi) .
For me, ideally I want albums recently added to Kodi (Ignoring file creation date). For a new installation, the order of album file creation date, which for me would closely follow the Kodi added date of my old installations.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Creating a New/Recently added Artists playlist0