• 3(current)
v19 Keymap Editor (Kodi 18/19 and on)
Hi,

Thank you for maintaining this add-on.

I'm having problems getting it to actually update the key mappings, though. My goal is it unmap the i key from opening Pictures. Here's what I'm trying:

1. Open keymap editor from add-ons window
2. "Keymap editor" window: click Edit
3. "Select window" window: click Global
4. "Select action" window: click Windows
5. "Select the action..." window: click "Open pictures - i"
6. "Keymap editor window": click "Remove"

At this stage, I'm back at the "Select the action..." window at step 5. If I scroll down to "Open pictures" I can still see that the i key is assigned to that action.

What am I doing wrong?

Using Kodi build 19.1.0 (2021-05-08) and version 1.1.3+matrix.1 of the keymap editor.

Thanks!
OK, I think I see what's going on.

If I assign another key instead of removing the mapping, then the mapping gets updated. It's possible that the remove mapping functionality is broken due to a bug. I had a look at https://github.com/pkscout/script.keymap...py#L61-L65 but couldn't immediately see the issue, but it may be worth looking at.
(2021-08-04, 11:35)aneurysm- Wrote: Hey pkscout,

thanks for maintaining this very useful app.
I do seem to be missing something .. tried everything (I think), but can't find it in the app to select.

The "display info" shortcut
https://kodi.wiki/view/Player_process_info

Point 4 : display info, with keyboard it's Z.

I would like to see if a 4k movie is being sent/played as 4k .. so I need to see the output resolution.

Is it missing ? Or am I just not finding it.

tnx
Look for playerprocessinfo. I think that's it.  There are some inconsistencies between the names in keymap editor and the wiki. Not many, but I think that's one of them.
(2021-08-05, 14:09)pkscout Wrote:

I do seem to be missing something .. tried everything (I think), but can't find it in the app to select.

I would like to see if a 4k movie is being sent/played as 4k .. so I need to see the output resolution.

tnx
Look for playerprocessinfo. I think that's it.  There are some inconsistencies between the names in keymap editor and the wiki. Not many, but I think that's one of them.
Nope.. it's not that one. that gives you Point 2 from the wiki, not point 4 i'm looking for.
(2021-08-05, 14:50)aneurysm- Wrote:
(2021-08-05, 14:09)pkscout Wrote:

tnx
Nope.. it's not that one. that gives you Point 2 from the wiki, not point 4 i'm looking for.

I think I found it.  It's called Change Aspect Ratio, and it's in the Playback area.  I know, that's weird and really not right.  I haven't looked at all the mappings of Kodi action to text, but I think this might be one that changed between Kodi 18 and 19, and the addon still has the old text.  I'm going to have to find some time to go through them all one by one to see if any others need to be updated.
(2021-08-06, 02:29)pkscout Wrote:
(2021-08-05, 14:50)aneurysm- Wrote:
(2021-08-05, 14:09)pkscout Wrote: Look for playerprocessinfo. I think that's it.  There are some inconsistencies between the names in keymap editor and the wiki. Not many, but I think that's one of them.

I think I found it.  It's called Change Aspect Ratio, and it's in the Playback area.  I know, that's weird and really not right.  I haven't looked at all the mappings of Kodi action to text, but I think this might be one that changed between Kodi 18 and 19, and the addon still has the old text.  I'm going to have to find some time to go through them all one by one to see if any others need to be updated.
Yes !
That's it ... thank you very much.
Hi.
Thanks for plugin.
I have a problem, I hope you can help me solve it.
I have an MCE Remote, it is defined in the system as a keyboard. The evtest program shows all the present buttons on the remote.
But I am unable to assign the button via the keymap plugin. Kodi + keymap doesn't see these buttons.
For example KEY_INFO, KEY_CHANNELUP, KEY_CHANNELDOWN.
lubuntu 18.04, kodi 18.9, keymap 1.1.3.

ps. I do not know if it is possible for beginners to post links in the first messages
(2021-08-13, 14:24)JohnDoe_71Rus Wrote: Hi.
Thanks for plugin.
I have a problem, I hope you can help me solve it.
I have an MCE Remote, it is defined in the system as a keyboard. The evtest program shows all the present buttons on the remote.
But I am unable to assign the button via the keymap plugin. Kodi + keymap doesn't see these buttons.
For example KEY_INFO, KEY_CHANNELUP, KEY_CHANNELDOWN.
lubuntu 18.04, kodi 18.9, keymap 1.1.3.

ps. I do not know if it is possible for beginners to post links in the first messages
Keymap doesn't show you buttons.  It shows you Kodi functions to which you can assign buttons.  Find the thing you want the remote to do. When you select it Kodi will tell you to press the remote button you want to assign to that thing. Once you do that the remote code (or in your case maybe the keyboard command) will now show next to that thing.
yes, that's the problem. I choose the command I need. I choose to edit. I press the button on the remote control. I can see by the LED that the command has passed. But kodi doesn't see this button. No button code.
The system sees all the buttons on the remote control, the `evtest` command confirms this.
This is the rc_keymaps of my "rc6_mce" remote. Not all buttons are on the remote, but they all work. I reassigned some buttons.
https://i.imgur.com/Kgukq5W.png
https://dropmefiles.com/n71fW video confirming button presses (stored for 6 days)
I assume that kodi does not know some additional multimedia keys and missed them.
The buttons work 'up, down, right, left, F8-10, Enter, play, stop'. But I cannot assign buttons Info, channelup, channeldown
If you enable debug logging, all keypresses actually received by Kodi are logged into the debug log (wiki).

You can use that to confirm what is being received, along with details of the naming of the keypress that actually can be used to trigger something via the addon.

It's not unknown for the codes received by Kodi to not be quite what you expect them to be, or indeed for not all keypresses to actually be passed onto Kodi at all.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
the keys that I work are recorded in the kodi log.
Quote:2021-08-14 11:22:47.677 T:140376856324224   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0xd7, sym: 0x0155, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
2021-08-14 11:22:47.939 T:140376856324224   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
2021-08-14 11:22:47.939 T:140376856324224   DEBUG: HandleKey: play_pause (0xf0bd) pressed, action is PlayPause
But some keys don't even appear in the log. This means that Kodi himself does not perceive them.
Correct - if they aren't in the log, then Kodi doesn't get them and so they can't be mapped.

And of course, if keys aren't being sent to Kodi then the issue is further upstream in your set-up, and outside of Kodi.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi. I'm using matrix 19.2 with the arctic horizon skin. I'm not able to install the script. It says something about a dependancy "script.module.defusedxml version..."

I'm installing using the official repo.

Thanks in advance for your help.
(2021-10-22, 17:33)alxtronics Wrote: Hi. I'm using matrix 19.2 with the arctic horizon skin. I'm not able to install the script. It says something about a dependancy "script.module.defusedxml version..."

I'm installing using the official repo.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Please turn on Kodi debug logging, restart kodi, try the install again, put the debug log on something like pastebin, and then post a link to it here.
[/quote]
Please turn on Kodi debug logging, restart kodi, try the install again, put the debug log on something like pastebin, and then post a link to it here.
[/quote]
Here is the link. Hope I didn't right.

https://pastebin.com/AnwX0XTh
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap Editor (Kodi 18/19 and on)0