• 9(current)
v19 Extras Addon (Kodi 18/19 and on)
(2022-12-25, 18:42)tmartin Wrote: Hi,

is there a way to get the Extras to show in other context menus as well including Favorites and Search in particular?

Thanks and best regards,

Thomas
There is not.  You could technically change a couple lines in the addon.xml file to get the menu to show up other places, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work even if you do that.  The add-on takes a video file and has Kodi tell it the folder so it can look for the Extras folder.  With something like a favorite or search results, those aren't video files, at least as far as I remember.  Those are links to video files that likely won't have the right path information.
Thanks, wondering if you or anybody else has a similar situation like me and can suggest a workaround:

I have more than 1000 titles and keep the HD-versions in the main folder and 4k versions in Extras. As those come in various formats (H10, H10+, DV) i created Favorites to point to them... but then, from the Favorite display of the move, cannot access the Extras. I could surely search for the movie but then, same problem, Extras cannot be accessed. 

So at the moment, my only way to get to the Extras folder is to go to the title list of the movies and scroll the 1000+ entries to find it. 

So my question is: has someone found a way to search for a title from which results Extras is accessible?

Appreciate any ideas! Thanks.
(2022-12-26, 22:31)tmartin Wrote: So my question is: has someone found a way to search for a title from which results Extras is accessible?
There are a couple of workarounds, each requiring a Smart playlists (wiki)

Create a Video_library_tags (wiki) and add the tag Extras (or whatever you want to call it) to those movies that have Extras. Then create a smart playlist to list Tags is Extras

Or you could rename the video file from Fifth Element (1997).mkv to Fifth Element (1997).Extras.mkv and then create a smart playlist with File Contains Extras.

Tags is an easier method, but unless you preserve your library into nfo files, then you will lose this listing if you need to rebuild your library.
Renaming is more permanent.
Both still require recreating the playlist when rebuilding on a new Kodi, which should only take a few seconds.

Importantly, the Extras option is available from the Smart Playlist listing.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I have many movies with extras using this addon. Everything works well but is there anyway have Kodi identify movies that have an extras folder without me going into the context menu and clicking extras? Since there is no way I can remember every movie I have that has extras it would be cool if some kind of logo was superimposed over the poster artwork when scanning through the library that indicates that the movie contains extras. Just like a tiny E in the corner for example.
(2023-01-16, 21:54)huttdes Wrote: I have many movies with extras using this addon. Everything works well but is there anyway have Kodi identify movies that have an extras folder without me going into the context menu and clicking extras? Since there is no way I can remember every movie I have that has extras it would be cool if some kind of logo was superimposed over the poster artwork when scanning through the library that indicates that the movie contains extras. Just like a tiny E in the corner for example.
There is not.  I answer this question every month or so.  It would require a complete rewrite of the addon and support from skins.
(2023-01-17, 00:09)pkscout Wrote:
(2023-01-16, 21:54)huttdes Wrote: I have many movies with extras using this addon. Everything works well but is there anyway have Kodi identify movies that have an extras folder without me going into the context menu and clicking extras? Since there is no way I can remember every movie I have that has extras it would be cool if some kind of logo was superimposed over the poster artwork when scanning through the library that indicates that the movie contains extras. Just like a tiny E in the corner for example.
There is not.  I answer this question every month or so.  It would require a complete rewrite of the addon and support from skins.

Bummer... well, what I currently do is when I'm ripping all my metadata is I add a tag to the movies so it does show up on the info screen at least. Minimal effort to do that.

I guess if I wanted to get extreme I could alter each of my movie posters in GIMP... but currently about 175 of my movies have extras so that would be a bit of a task... but once you got a system down simply dropping a second image of a logo on the existing artwork it would probably go somewhat quick.

Edit>>> I see looking back just a few posts at #123 @Karellen mentions tags as well.
(2023-01-17, 03:22)huttdes Wrote:
(2023-01-17, 00:09)pkscout Wrote:

Bummer... well, what I currently do is when I'm ripping all my metadata is I add a tag to the movies so it does show up on the info screen at least. Minimal effort to do that.

I guess if I wanted to get extreme I could alter each of my movie posters in GIMP... but currently about 175 of my movies have extras so that would be a bit of a task... but once you got a system down simply dropping a second image of a logo on the existing artwork it would probably go somewhat quick.

Edit>>> I see looking back just a few posts at #123 @Karellen mentions tags as well.
@huttdes check aeon tajo skin, I believe he implemented a flag
Trying to test this add-on and not having success. When using the default Kodi skin and accessing the context menu to see the option for Extras the list is populated with every file in the Extras folder. When trying to play a video file Kodi opens an editor to edit the name of the Extras folder, I believe. Clicking on an image file does the same thing. Is it related to this?

"When I try to play an Extra, Kodi tries to scrape it"

If so this add-on is useless for me. I have the default set to Information and use that all the time. If it's not possible to use the information screen then this add-on fails to allow a basic function of Kodi to be used unlike a previous add-on of this type that worked fine with this function.

Also asking why this occurred and can it be re-implemented?

"In previous versions it could also be accessed via the Movie Information page, but has been removed from v17."

I don't ever open the context menu and have my custom skin built to easily access the extras built in through the video information page.
(2023-05-23, 04:05)K0D1User1138 Wrote:
python:
"When I try to play an Extra, Kodi tries to scrape it"

If so this add-on is useless for me. I have the default set to Information and use that all the time. If it's not possible to use the information screen then this add-on fails to allow a basic function of Kodi to be used unlike a previous add-on of this type that worked fine with this function.

I don't ever open the context menu and have my custom skin built to easily access the extras built in through the video information page.
Thanks for coming new to a thread and complaining right away.  I really appreciate it.  If Kodi is trying to scrape something, then you did not follow the wiki instructions on the wiki page properly for excluding the Extras folder from being scraped.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Extras#Pre...To_Library

The information page stuff is a skin issue, not an Extras issue.  When I took over maintenance on this that functionality didn't exist, and I've never seen it.  Looking through the code, it looks like it might be possible for a skin to generate the necessary executebuiltin command.  You can take a look at the code here and figure out how to customize the skin again if you want to:

https://github.com/pkscout/context.item.extras

Good luck.
I didn't mean to come in attacking. Apologies for that. I was coming over from another thread while trying to get another issue resolved and brought my frustration from there with me.

My Extras are configured properly and have been for years. I have been using an old add-on to handle extras for a long time but that dev was run out of supporting Kodi and the add-on hasn't been brought forward past v18 while I keep being told "just upgrade" to a new Kodi that doesn't have 2 functions I require daily. That is where this add-on was brought up.

I have full control over my own custom skin and could integrate support for this add-on into the information page if there were instructions/examples of how. But at the moment I don't have the add-on working in the base Kodi skin through the context menu as described in the wiki. I don't know if Kodi is trying to scrape the entries in the Extras folders or just functioning incorrectly though it seems to be wanting to rename the folder when attempting to play the contained content.

I will double check the wiki for the Extras exclusion setup and see if there is something I missed. Are you able to give any direction on how to integrate into a skin the information page access to the Extras menu? 

And I do thank you for working to keep this sort of ad-on alive. IMO this function should be built into mainline Kodi at this point anyways.
Tested some more. My advanced settings is set up just like the example from the wiki. In Kodi using the context menu I can open the extras for the specific media. I then must right-click on a video to open another context menu and click play. That works. Just clicking on the video makes Kodi try to scrape the entry. The extras list also shows all images in the folder as individual files but none are viewable.

In my custom skin the behaviour is the same.

The old add-on I use functioned through both the context menu but was mappable to a button in the info screen and would bring up a list view off all the video contents in the Extras folder that were easily selectable. Images with proper naming showed up as the image for the proper video file. It just worked very well, very simple, very clean.
Hi,
Apologies, I think I posted this question a couple of years ago, but I can't find my post and I've just done a fresh install of Kodi.
I'm using the extras addon, which is working fine. However, when I select extras for a movie, it is showing non video items such as: @eaDir and .jpg files in the extras listing. I think I need to add some lines to my advancedsettings.xml file. Can somebody point me in the right direction please? I'm using kodi 20.2.

Thank you!
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extras Addon (Kodi 18/19 and on)0