Moving music files without loss of playback history and ratings
That is awesome, thank you very much Big Grin

I accessed the link, it wanted me to request permission so I think it has fired an email back to you. Apologies if that’s not the norm.

Rest assured I won’t make the same mistake twice - I was too scared to erase everything off the bat as I wasn’t sure the import would restore everything the way it was, hence trying to ‘cheat the system’ by just swapping out the IP address. Lesson learned.
Final update then, all is working smoothly, no freezing up on a library clean anymore, all data is intact.

As for the video library, I have resolved that problem manually, so to speak. Steps taken were:

1. Remove the source for that NFS share, removing all items in the path.
2. Attempted to clean library, but it froze as seen with the music library.
3. Checked library contents, all the movies from that path were still listed (but not duplicated any more).
4. Manually tried to play one of those movies. System appears to freeze.
5. 3-5 minutes later, it would report a missing file and ask if I wanted to remove it. So I did.
6. Repeat for every one of those movies, until at last I have a clean library again.

I think step 5 is where the movie and music libraries differ? A non-working link in the music library just skips over it, whereas a broken movie link will (eventually) offer to erase itself. That’s what allowed me to fix the problem by myself.

(Assuming it IS fixed of course, but all the processes like library clean, export etc are working smoothly now and not locking up so I would say it is).

Thanks again for the excellent support!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving music files without loss of playback history and ratings0