Pointers to development direction if feasible at all.
Hi,

I'm a hobbyist guitarist that has dabbled in writing code using third part guitar fret-boards found on GIT, primary to advance my knowledge and playing ability.  These have been web based applications that I have successfully enabled on android devices using Cordova. Ironically, the building of this tools has had a positive effect on my playing other that just using them!

Where does Kodi sit with all of this?

I have recently moved a TV upstairs during the lockdown and have used Kodi to view various other apps to view guitar programs on youtube and some other channels such as ultimate guitar.  I also have my guitar and amp all wired in together in once corner, so when I switch the mains on every thing comes up, the amp, the tv and Kodi, so I thought could I use my fretboard tools more conveniently that resorting to a smaller and sidelined tablet that is not so central in the set up, and can be distracting.  

I am able to grab screen shots and have used that with the picture facility on Kodi, but obviously this is static and does not provide the same experience as selecting keys and scales etc to generate the information as I am currently planning my musical practice session.  

Yes I could plug laptop into the tv, but that is extra distration that would stop the full flow of the practice, and would feel clunky in my current set up. Would really like to see what is achieveable on Kodi. 

I will have a go at the samples apps to get familiar with the build process of apps just for the fun of it, but am reaching to find out if any of the previous technology is usable or whether I would be on a longer development plan to achieve what I am after.  

The technology I have based my existing practice framework is on this excellent project in GIT: https://github.com/fmodica/fretboard

An example image that I grab to upload to Kodi is at "https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EhSKLypsO5sG_WkKGiND6zednmssnF27/view?usp=sharing".  Obviously I would love for this to be interactive, but I am expecting alot of work to do this, unless somebody is able to surprise me otherwise.  

Thanks to All who reply and are involved in these projects.
Thread moved to addon development
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pointers to development direction if feasible at all.0