Android box AV port
Hi,

I want to buy an Android (TV) box on-a-budget (up to 40-50 USD), mostly for Kodi (and Moonlight Streaming). I don't care about HD/4k Netflix, Google certs etc.

There are a lot of Android boxes out there, but most of them have something called 'AV port' (probably to plug it into non-HDMI screens). Now, the question: can I plug my 3,5mm headphone jack into that port and get good quality stereo sound? (btw I'm not interested in any kind of HDMI/jack splitters).

I currently own a Mi Box (I think it's the 3rd gen, not the 'curvy' one), and I can plug my headphones directly into the box (which is what I want from my new device). However, Mi Box sucks, because there is no Ethernet port (and I want 1Gbps), no SD card slot, only 8GB eMMC, no USB3.0... and that's why I wanna upgrade. The ability to plug in the headphones directly into the box (not into TV, bluetooth headphones are no-go as well) is absolutely crucial for me. If said port doesn't produce stereo sound over 3,5mm headphone jack, then I'm doomed to use Mi Box for all eternity Sad

I'm probably gonna buy this one: HK1BOX 4GB 64GB 8K Amlogic S905X3 (I don't wanna post any links, because I'm not sure if it's allowed, but if you Google it, you will find a very colorful/blue-ish Android box). Anybody here has it? Is it any good?

PS I really didn't know where to ask (some sellers I contacted didn't reply) and since Kodi community is rather huge, I figured I'll try here Smile
PS2 I 'clearly state' that English is my 'second language' (as required per Forum rules) Smile
(2020-08-31, 03:45)Uka21 Wrote: Hi,

I want to buy an Android (TV) box on-a-budget (up to 40-50 USD), mostly for Kodi (and Moonlight Streaming). I don't care about HD/4k Netflix, Google certs etc.

Hi there,

I would suggest a approx USD$46 - 4GB RAM X96 Air + G20 remote (click) package for the following reasons:

1) You can run the very well supported CoreELEC Kodi on it which will handle anything really:
https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/s905x3-...onfig/8670

2) It has an Analogue AV port for headphones

3) You can also dual boot easily and run CoreELEC / Android

4) The Wireless G20 remote is Plug n Play and will work with both OS variants.
That is the oblong "Hello Google" one you are looking for.
You will need the G20 remote Air Mouse function I suspect as well for Android.
Usually on cheap devices the Infra Red remotes are rubbish.

5) The 4GB RAM model has Gigabit LAN which is needed for 4K.

W.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android box AV port0