Android Total Video Passthrough (without whitelist)
Sorry if this is not even possible (and/or is completely dumb?), but I thought I'd put it here just in case anyone else cares too.

It would be great for my use case to have an option to pass the content through (at any/all resolutions) without scaling it in any way. Not whitelist (which does not work or works in an undesirable way for many examples I deal with), but simply an option to 100% never apply any scaling before passing it to the output.
But what if the output can't be used by your TV?
(2020-09-01, 19:05)Hitcher Wrote: But what if the output can't be used by your TV?
That's the sort of reality check I was after - thanks. I can't even find the officially supported formats for my TCL TV. In my simple mind, I was just imagining that the usual suspects (480/720/1080) formats would be supported by any TV, but maybe that's foolish of me. I watch a fair bit of old 480/720 stuff that I just thought would look better without the double-upscale (Kodi to 1080, then TV to 4K). I have Kodi set to 1080 + Adjust Display Refresh Rate on start/stop.

Thanks!
Post a full debug log and we can see exactly what formats your TV can handle.
(2020-09-03, 17:34)Hitcher Wrote: Post a full debug log and we can see exactly what formats your TV can handle.

Thanks - that would be cool and I'd love to, but I can't seem to find a straightforward way to get the log out of the Shield. I wish Kodi could let you pick where to save the log, but Android probably won't let it or something.
You're probably best off using the log uploader addon, from the program addons section of the repo.

Further details are below:

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-09-08, 16:40)DarrenHill Wrote: 4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

It seems recent posts have suggested that uploader addon no longer works, so I didn't try it. Does it actually work again/still?

Thanks!
(2020-09-08, 19:53)monkeybits Wrote: It seems recent posts have suggested that uploader addon no longer works, so I didn't try it. Does it actually work again/still?

Perhaps I've missed these recent posts suggesting that as I don't recall seeing any.  In any case, if you want some help, why don't you just install it and try and obtain the log? Without a Debug Log no one knows anything about what is going on internally with Kodi on your setup and what is/isn't supported.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thanks for all replies. Sorry I didn't try the uploader to begin with - it worked fine and link is below. I'd honestly seen numerous posts around different sites/forums complaining that it wasn't working. Sad

I see the modes that work now, which is cool.

Aside from that, I also played a file during this debug that contains an EAC3 7.1 track that will not play. Not sure if the info included in the log helps track down the problem. I will submit a bug report if I can't find an answer to the problem beforehand.

Thanks again!

https://paste.kodi.tv/tawasugama
Soundbar connected?

It seems to not allow 192 khz / 2 channel E-AC3 7.1. Sink opens but fails to add samples.

You have two possibilities:
a) Disable DD+ passthrough and keep Leia
b) Install a v19 nightly (make a backup) and choose here the "Audiotrack (Android Packer)" as PT device. Here the OS does some magic under the hood so that it gets out via lower bandwidth hmi properly.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-09-11, 07:46)fritsch Wrote: Soundbar connected?

It seems to not allow 192 khz / 2 channel E-AC3 7.1. Sink opens but fails to add samples.

You have two possibilities:
a) Disable DD+ passthrough and keep Leia
b) Install a v19 nightly (make a backup) and choose here the "Audiotrack (Android Packer)" as PT device. Here the OS does some magic under the hood so that it gets out via lower bandwidth hmi properly.

Thanks fritsch!

It's not a soundbar, but rather a 2020 Denon AVR (AVR-S960H).

Since the source seems to be correctly identified as an 8-channel EAC3 stream during the ffmpeg probe (line 1652), is there something weird going on where it then tries opening it as a 2-channel stream instead of 8 (line 1783)?

If that new PT device in v19 is working toward addressing this, that's really awesome! I'm happy to wait for that or even help test if I can scavenge up a test environment.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Total Video Passthrough (without whitelist)0