Scraper not picking movie
Hi all,

my kodi player is not picking up some movies that I have in my movie folder. I have movies stored each in a separate folder and collections of movies in another parent folder. A few movies are not picked by scraper after multiple library updates.
I have every movie named as Movie title (year).
Can someone explain me why those movies are not picked?
For example move How to train your dragon (2010).mkv file is not picked, but How to train your dragon 2 (2014).mkv is picked properly.
Do I need to use .nfo files for all my movies?

Please, excuse me, if thread like this already exists.

Thank you.
@togo

Please provide a Debug Log which captures you trying to scrape that movie.

And no, you don't need to use nfo files for all your movies obviously, as you already state you have scraped many of them.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen

i have a similar problem too.
with the Estuary Skin the scraper (The movie database) finds all my 681 movies.
with the AEON MQ 8 and the same scraper, leaving the same setting, the movies found are 660.
in your opinion is it a Skin problem (and therefore this is not the right section)?
or what could it be?
what could i check?
@rossomike1966

Skins have nothing to do with scraping, so not a skin problem.

What are you doing? Scraping all your movies in Estuary, then you delete the library and change skins to Aeon MQ 8 and scraping all your movies again? If yes, why?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-09-26, 21:45)Karellen Wrote: @rossomike1966

Skins have nothing to do with scraping, so not a skin problem.

What are you doing? Scraping all your movies in Estuary, then you delete the library and change skins to Aeon MQ 8 and scraping all your movies again? If yes, why?

Absolutely no..
Only change skin without no scraping again..and a few movies missing.. estuary 685..aeon mq 660....without making changes
(2020-09-26, 22:04)rossomike1966 Wrote: Only change skin without no scraping again..and a few movies missing.. estuary 685..aeon mq 660....without making changes
Ok, that sounds better Smile
It is a strange problem. Can you start off by providing a screenshot for both pages where you see these totals of 685 and 660.

If the image is on your computer, use button 19.
If the image has already been uploaded to a public image hosting site, right click the image and select Copy image location then use button 14 and paste the link
My Signature
(2020-09-26, 23:14)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-09-26, 22:04)rossomike1966 Wrote: Only change skin without no scraping again..and a few movies missing.. estuary 685..aeon mq 660....without making changes
Ok, that sounds better Smile
It is a strange problem. Can you start off by providing a screenshot for both pages where you see these totals of 685 and 660.

If the image is on your computer, use button 19.
If the image has already been uploaded to a public image hosting site, right click the image and select Copy image location then use button 14 and paste the link
I apologize for wasting your time. I had a block on a folder and I hadn't noticed it. had happened with the skin change.
everything is OK now.
have a nice day!
No problems. Thanks for letting us know @rossomike1966
My Signature
(2020-09-03, 10:23)togo Wrote: Hi all,

my kodi player is not picking up some movies that I have in my movie folder. I have movies stored each in a separate folder and collections of movies in another parent folder. A few movies are not picked by scraper after multiple library updates.
For example move How to train your dragon (2010).mkv file is not picked, but How to train your dragon 2 (2014).mkv is picked properly.

Thank you.
I'm reviving this topic again.
Until now it didn't bothered me, but it started to bother me again after Kodi crash and reinstalling the System to LibreElec v9.2.8 for RPi4 a few weeks ago.
So the issue persists (Scraper is not picking up all the movies). Yesterday I have installed Kodi on my PC, and there it picked all movies correctly from the same source - network (NAS) folder.
Currently I'm at work and it is not possible to provide logs.
(2021-08-30, 09:51)togo Wrote:
(2020-09-03, 10:23)togo Wrote: Hi all,

Thank you.
I'm reviving this topic again.
Until now it didn't bothered me, but it started to bother me again after Kodi crash and reinstalling the System to LibreElec v9.2.8 for RPi4 a few weeks ago.
So the issue persists (Scraper is not picking up all the movies). Yesterday I have installed Kodi on my PC, and there it picked all movies correctly from the same source - network (NAS) folder.
Currently I'm at work and it is not possible to provide logs.

TMDB and TVDB have websites - do you know what is not being scraped and have you manually checked? The logs will help.

I had one today - Guardian Of The Ancient Shadow Crown (2014), title on IMDB was The Shadows (2013) and on TMDB - Guardians of the Crown (2014).

My point is you need to check the logs for the ones that were not scraped and manually check they exist, then edit the titles.

I use TMM which creates nfo's for virtually all my media before it is added to the Kodi database

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraper not picking movie0