Free and paid version of tMM
As one of the translators (German) I unfortunately realised that there are plans for a paid version of tMM, at least new translation strings point in that direction.
It would be kind to hear about those plans and details about the number of limitations (and also from which version on this is going to happen).
Many thanks
! Spoiler alert !

We've developed tmm for 8 years now in our spare time as an opensource tool, but unfortunately there have not been much contributions from the community (beside translations. >98% of all the work in the repository is from us and there is almost the same amount work work needed to keep all things together/running). 
It is no longer possible to do all that work just for free, so we decided to take a small fee for the whole work we do every day.

this will start with tmm v4 and the limitations will be

- a limited amount of movies loaded into the database
- a limited amount of TV shows loaded into the database
- a limited amount of API calls per session

You have just announced it just a few days before we planned to release an official statement Tongue - stay tuned for the official statement (but keep in mind - we DO honor every _noteworthy_ contribution made to tmm with free licenses Wink ).
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
The free version of tMM 4.0 will have the following restrictions (according to the nightly build of tMM4):
  •  Movies: max. 50 movies
  • TV Shows: max. 10 shows
  • Movie Sets: ? (at least more than 20)
  • Scraper calls: ?

License for tMM seems to be valid only for 1 year, thus no "lifetime registration" - you will have to pay each year again ...

At the moment there is still no announcement on the tMM website about the plans of the paid version.
Some more details would be nice, e.g. if (at some point) tMM will automatically update an unlimited v3 to a stable version 4 with its restrictions, also if version 3.18 (maybe the last free version) will be still available after v4 (stable) was released.
@mlaggner Do you accept bug reports for v4? I noticed that the "List missing episodes for selected TV Show(s)" window is always empty.
(2020-09-07, 09:36)Kodyne Wrote: The free version of tMM 4.0 will have the following restrictions (according to the nightly build of tMM4):
  •  Movies: max. 50 movies
  • TV Shows: max. 10 shows
  • Movie Sets: ? (at least more than 20)
  • Scraper calls: ?
License for tMM seems to be valid only for 1 year, thus no "lifetime registration" - you will have to pay each year again ..
50 films 10 series that's supposed to be a joke
What about my TMM.LIC that I bought back then?
I don't pay anywhere annually, without lifetime without me!
It's like fixing people with drugs! And then drive up the prices every year
That you're doing a good job, okay, nobody doubts.
But KODI does it too and it's free / Ember Media Manager does it too and it's free.

50 Filme 10 Serien das soll doch ein Witz sein? 
Was ist mit meiner TMM.LIC die ich damals gekauft habe?
Ich Zahle nirgensdwo Jährlich , Ohne Lifetime ohne Mich!
Das ist wie leute mit Drogen anfixen! Und dann immer schön jährlich die Preise hochtreiben
Das Ihr einen Guten Job macht Okay bezweifelt niemand.
Aber KODI macht das auch ist Kostenlos / Ember Media Manager tuts auch und ist Kostenlos.
see our official announcement at https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=356940

@A600 would be great if you could open a bug report at http://bit.ly/2TkO8Mq
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2020-09-07, 22:08)mlaggner Wrote: @A600 would be great if you could open a bug report at http://bit.ly/2TkO8Mq
Done: https://gitlab.com/tinyMediaManager/tiny...issues/995

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Free and paid version of tMM0