This addon does not find closed captions in mpeg-2 streams from ATSC live TV in USA
Parsing of CC for H.264 is only implemented for Annex B, not for AVCC. Annex B is used for broadcasting. Looks like the failing files were re-encoded to AVCC.

At the time I implemented CC there was no support for CC in ffmpeg. Probably the best option to get this to work ist to drop the old CC demuxer and replace it by an ffmpeg filter.
That sample works if remuxed to mpeg-ts  ffmpeg -i filename -codec copy file.ts  so perhaps lavfi is involved.  I also suspect that file is different then the Hallmark download that is mentioned earlier in this post.

Martin
This is a clip from the other download referenced earlier
https://drive.google.com/file/d/116XDbbz...sp=sharing
Thanks that is a more interesting sample,  however the same ffmpeg command corrects it for playback in Kodi.

Martin
If I understand correctly, you recommendation is to remux to .ts using ffmpeg. Is that correct?
Also, how about the solution suggested by FernetMenta? Is that something that you could implement?
@FernetMenta thanks for your suggestion.

Cheers,
LongMan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
This addon does not find closed captions in mpeg-2 streams from ATSC live TV in USA0