• 15(current)
Release YouTube
(2020-11-27, 00:17)anxdpanic Wrote: Thanks to everyone helping to relay and explain the issue, I wasn't able to keep up to both github and the forum all day.

For the record, they didn't remove something from the Data API, which is used by the rest of the add-on. The My Subscriptions, Saved Playlists and Purchases, used youtube.com/tv which was discontinued last year, and appears the API is just starting to go offline now as well. (maybe temporarily, I have no way of knowing). There hasn't been access to any of these features or a proper Recommended from the Data API since I started working on the YouTube add-on sadly.

For the API quota short comings of some of the 'make shift' workarounds, they might work in a centralized database situation but sadly will not reasonably work in our situation.

Will keep looking into, and will have some other news in the near future.

Years ago I used to compile my own YT subscriptions list using RSS.  I would fetch each channel's XML and then aggregate them into a master list based on the timestamps.

Perhaps this could be used to speed up and simplify the process?  Use the API calls to generate a list of subscribed channel ids (externalId or rssUrl) and then normal https traffic to pull the recent video info.  I mainly stored everything in text files locally, but I imagine this could be integrated into a database to limit the amount of traffic between server and user.
(2020-11-27, 01:44)allmotormark Wrote: Yes, basically I only use “my subscriptions”.
Unfortunate, I hope this can be rectified.
Same here.  Really the only thing I use from the addon.  Was a nice way to jump into some YouTube videos quick right in KODI.  I admit over the years this addon seemed to come and go, but always seemed to eventually come back.  Doesn't look good for this addon.  I wonder if something could be written similar to PocketTube that pulls the subscribed videos into a custom playlist that can be played?
Can we depreciate this add-on in the master Kodi repo? In it’s current state it causes more harm than good. So long, and thanks for the memories.
"We won't tell you what to do, not to do or how to use our software." -DarrenHill
(2020-11-27, 18:27)neo_ Wrote: Can we depreciate this add-on in the master Kodi repo? In it’s current state it causes more harm than good. So long, and thanks for the memories.

I disagree with that.  One aspect of it (albeit an important one) is no longer functional, but the rest of the add-on is still working fine. There's still full playlist support, playing videos, and browsing subscriptions individually.  Even if there's not an eventually workaround for the My Subscriptions function, it's very usable overall.  I just will now be adding videos to my main playlist from my phone/computer and then use the add-on as normal for me.
(2020-11-27, 18:56)NeoCortex Wrote:
(2020-11-27, 18:27)neo_ Wrote: Can we depreciate this add-on in the master Kodi repo? In it’s current state it causes more harm than good. So long, and thanks for the memories.

I disagree with that.  One aspect of it (albeit an important one) is no longer functional, but the rest of the add-on is still working fine. There's still full playlist support, playing videos, and browsing subscriptions individually.  Even if there's not an eventually workaround for the My Subscriptions function, it's very usable overall.  I just will now be adding videos to my main playlist from my phone/computer and then use the add-on as normal for me.

Is it? I reinstalled libreelec, created new api keys, installed mpeg-dash etc. as recommended, signed in, restarted, ...
Still I can't use the search function even once, always get the quota error message. As far as I can tell, the addon can't be used at all?
(2020-11-27, 19:03)lich000king Wrote:

Is it? I reinstalled libreelec, created new api keys, installed mpeg-dash etc. as recommended, signed in, restarted, ...
Still I can't use the search function even once, always get the quota error message. As far as I can tell, the addon can't be used at all?
It should be okay.  I've been using it on my Windows machine without issue (aside from the My Subscription problem).  I just went and checked my Libreelec system, which I hadn't used YouTube on in a while.  I did have to update to the latest version of the add-on (6.8.8 Beta).  Then I rebooted the Libreelec machine, signed back into the YouTube add-on and it worked fine (again, aside from the My Subscription issue).
(2020-11-27, 19:18)NeoCortex Wrote:
(2020-11-27, 19:03)lich000king Wrote:
(2020-11-27, 18:56)NeoCortex Wrote: I disagree with that.  One aspect of it (albeit an important one) is no longer functional, but the rest of the add-on is still working fine. There's still full playlist support, playing videos, and browsing subscriptions individually.  Even if there's not an eventually workaround for the My Subscriptions function, it's very usable overall.  I just will now be adding videos to my main playlist from my phone/computer and then use the add-on as normal for me.

It should be okay.  I've been using it on my Windows machine without issue (aside from the My Subscription problem).  I just went and checked my Libreelec system, which I hadn't used YouTube on in a while.  I did have to update to the latest version of the add-on (6.8.8 Beta).  Then I rebooted the Libreelec machine, signed back into the YouTube add-on and it worked fine (again, aside from the My Subscription issue).

I'm on kodi 18.9 (libreelec 9.2.6 official) on a pi 4.
Yt addon version is 6.8.8. by anxdpanic, bromix, i.e. non-beta. I assume this is even more recent than the beta.
Can't get it to work anymore... Sad

I only use it on the odd occasion & I don't log in and use any of the extra features, so I agree it still has a purpose, for my use case it's perfectly fine.

Perhaps all the non-working stuff could be removed and just the basic features left on there.
(2020-11-26, 15:49)NeoCortex Wrote: Playlists still work fine though. Losing My Subscriptions would be a big nuisance, but the add-on would still be worthwhile. I'd just end up adding videos to my primary playlist from my phone or computer instead of directly from Kodi.

Yeah, although My Subscriptions is nice to have in Kodi, for quite a while I've been in the habit of just looking through the most recent videos on my computer or my phone instead and adding the ones that I want to view to the Watch Later list (or any other Playlist).

I think this is a pretty easy work around for most people for the moment Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
if it doesn't work as it should for you, it's your own problem.
Uninstall it from your kodi setup and and do not tarnish the work of others..... thanks.
(2020-11-27, 19:03)lich000king Wrote: Is it? I reinstalled libreelec, created new api keys, installed mpeg-dash etc. as recommended, signed in, restarted, ...
yes ok ... we see that it does not work for you and for many others but I do not think that the addons center itself.

if on the forums you only find users "complaining" its non-functioning is more than normal .... To whom everything works maybe you can't find him writing on a forum ...

*EDIT*
However it's very strange this message about quota errors you and other obtain..... I created my keys 2 years ago.... maybe today something has changed:
Even on the most heavily used days I never had problems like "quote excedeed" or somethings similar.....

At today the only section not works it's "My Subscription" normal and his "filtered" variant....... all other things it's works whitout any issue.

I ask... but the I wonder .. but smartphone apps and smart TV apps don't make use of these APIs anyway ?
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...

I disagree with that. One aspect of it (albeit an important one) is no longer functional, but the rest of the add-on is still working fine. There's still full playlist support, playing videos, and browsing subscriptions individually. Even if there's not an eventually workaround for the My Subscriptions function, it's very usable overall. I just will now be adding videos to my main playlist from my phone/computer and then use the add-on as normal for me.

I understand your thoughts, however you're misunderstanding what I originally said and it's intent. As I stated, depreciate this add-on from the master kodi repo. Not depreciating the entire add-on. Just because it's not in the master repo does not mean you can't install it nor does it mean there can't be an auxiliary repository for this add-on. Just like there currently is a beta repo for this same add-on.

What would be the benefit you ask?
  • A solution to the endless stream of redundant posts here & on github asking for help since they can't open subscriptions anympre.

• Marking this add-on depreciated will draw attention to devs for the need to develop a possible fix or fork this add-on with a fix. In general it's a call of attention for additional devs as it seems this crucial add-on is managed by 1 individual and has been for a long time who I can only assumed is overwhelmed at times.

(2020-11-27, 22:11)DjDiabolik Wrote:
Uninstall it from your kodi setup and and do not tarnish the work of others..... thanks.

You seem lost. Please make yourself useful and cease your senseless replies to my posts. Preferably logout. Thanks
"We won't tell you what to do, not to do or how to use our software." -DarrenHill
(2020-11-27, 22:32)neo_ Wrote:

I disagree with that. One aspect of it (albeit an important one) is no longer functional, but the rest of the add-on is still working fine. There's still full playlist support, playing videos, and browsing subscriptions individually. Even if there's not an eventually workaround for the My Subscriptions function, it's very usable overall. I just will now be adding videos to my main playlist from my phone/computer and then use the add-on as normal for me.

I understand your thoughts, however you're misunderstanding what I originally said and it's intent. As I stated, depreciate this add-on from the master kodi repo. Not depreciating the entire add-on. Just because it's not in the master repo does not mean you can't install it nor does it mean there can't be an auxiliary repository for this add-on. Just like there currently is a beta repo for this same add-on.

• A solution to the endless stream of redundant posts here & on github asking for help since they can't open subscriptions anympre.

• Marking this add-on depreciated will draw attention to devs for the need to develop a possible fix or fork this add-on with a fix. In general it's a call of attention for additional devs as it seems this crucial add-on is managed by 1 individual and has been for a long time who I can only assumed is overwhelmed at times.

(2020-11-27, 22:11)DjDiabolik Wrote:

You seem lost. Please make yourself useful and cease your senseless replies to my posts. Preferably logout. Thanks

Only one part of the add-on no longer works. Just disable the My Subscription option if a workaround can't be found. It's still a functional add-on that has no reason to be deprecated. Add-on functionality can change over time. That's not unusual at all.
I think that the team behind this plug-in will eventually find a away to fix/restore the function in a way or another.

And if there is no possible way to do so, they either will tell it and drop the development or keep going in another direction.
As long as the "play on kodi" function still works from my tablet & browsers, then it's still ok for me.
(2020-11-27, 23:19)NeoCortex Wrote:
(2020-11-27, 22:32)neo_ Wrote:
(2020-11-27, 18:56)NeoCortex Wrote: I disagree with that. One aspect of it (albeit an important one) is no longer functional, but the rest of the add-on is still working fine. There's still full playlist support, playing videos, and browsing subscriptions individually. Even if there's not an eventually workaround for the My Subscriptions function, it's very usable overall. I just will now be adding videos to my main playlist from my phone/computer and then use the add-on as normal for me.

(2020-11-27, 22:11)DjDiabolik Wrote: if it doesn't work as it should for you, it's your own problem.

Only one part of the add-on no longer works. Just disable the My Subscription option if a workaround can't be found. It's still a functional add-on that has no reason to be deprecated. Add-on functionality can change over time. That's not unusual at all.

You keep sidelining the entire point.

In addition, you not finding a feature as crucial does not universally make it so. There are various use cases where “My Subscriptions” is highly critical.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0