• 75(current)
Release YouTube
(2021-10-13, 12:23)mattbon Wrote: 1. I have created a new clean install with nothing else - stuttering / buffering persists.

Thanks for testing this you saved me some time.

I use advancedsettings.xml to increase cache/buffer speed and size but it doesn't have effect on youtube addon.
(2021-10-13, 12:23)mattbon Wrote: FWIW I have the same issues for the last year (since using Kodi 19) on and off but much worse of late. I even create a new user on linux and clean install - same issue

1. I have created a new clean install with nothing else - stuttering / buffering persists.
2. Moved the MediaC to another house - stuttering / buffering persists.
3. Changed to different API keys - stuttering / buffering persists.

Like the others have said it's inconsistent but becoming worse and the majority of clips. Heck even 480p buffers and stutters.

Yet I can play Vimeo 4k and etc that don't buffer at all and start playback within a second.
Yes it's horrible and yes, it's not at all related to bandwidth or playback resolution in my experience either.

It would be cool to get the developer's take on this; is it the plugin which is using the wrong / sub-optimal endpoints or can be it be so simple that Google is trying to kill off all third-party YouTube plugins by artificially mangling the playback if it comes through the API?
(2021-10-13, 15:52)kodden Wrote: It would be cool to get the developer's take on this;

There is a truckload of insights on github issue report https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...issues/163
TLDR: google seems to be ratelimiting (throttling) playback, ways around this are being looked at.
There is an alpha version linked in the aforementioned github thread that ATM solves the issue for me.
That's odd. I'm still on Kodi 18.9 and videos are still working fine after I cleared those two caches.

I just tried playing a video with MPEG-dash off and the stuttering and buffering issues came back. I then turned MPEG-dash back on and that same video played instantly without any issue. Maybe try that?
(2021-10-13, 05:05)Sobersally Wrote: I just downloaded Alpha 2 and 3 seconds into the video it is stuttering and stopping. I closed Kodi and restarted but no luck. I am still using 18.9. Let me know if you have any more suggestions for success. Cleared my cache but not sure what else can be helpful.
Thanks!

I don't know if it will help, but I didn't just clear my data and function caches, I deleted them, which forces the plugin to recreate the from scratch the next time it runs. YMMV
(2021-10-13, 16:00)snesmaster40 Wrote: That's odd. I'm still on Kodi 18.9 and videos are still working fine after I cleared those two caches.

I just tried playing a video with MPEG-dash off and the stuttering and buffering issues came back. I then turned MPEG-dash back on and that same video played instantly without any issue. Maybe try that?

Alpha2 and this fixed it for me.
(2021-10-13, 18:36)startapr Wrote:
(2021-10-13, 16:00)snesmaster40 Wrote: That's odd. I'm still on Kodi 18.9 and videos are still working fine after I cleared those two caches.

This is exactly what worked for me. Alpha2 and turning the MPEG-dash on.  Many thanks to the developers and others who brought clarity to the issue with their posts.
(2021-10-13, 19:49)celal Wrote:
(2021-10-13, 18:36)startapr Wrote:

This is exactly what worked for me. Alpha2 and turning the MPEG-dash on.  Many thanks to the developers and others who brought clarity to the issue with their posts.
Same for me, Alpha2 and MPEG-dash on.
I wish I could say this or that has fixed it. But I have cleared and then deleted my function cache and data cache. I tried it with MPEG on and then tried it with it off. I am sorry but none of this is working on Alpha 2 for me. The stuttering is bad. I hate to have to redo my Kodi installation which everything is telling me that is the last option to take. Thank you to all of you and your suggestions!  It was very kind of you.
I also tried going back to an older version of youtube and I still got stuttering. I will say that when installing Alpha2, my kodi blows by the icon or the notification that it installed. And when I try to close Kodi, it hangs up now.
I just realized that when I delete my data cache it says it failed. Could that be the issue?
It finally deleted the data cache. And it seems to be working fine. I just kept at it and it seems to have worked out. Thank you all again for reading all my posts. You rock!
About the stuttering / buffering...
- Running Kodi 18.9 on Windows 10, core i5-7300u, 16gb ram, ssd system drive, 1gbit wired LAN, Comcast broadband, no vpn active
- No problems watching the video from Chrome in the same computer
- Same issues while using two different APIs from two google's accounts
- Same issues while connected to nordvpn in USA, Canada, UK (internet provider throtling)
- Same issues running Kodi from Android Tablet, using the latest Kodi from the playstore

After all these tests, it looks like the throtling/slow-down is happening at the youtube API.
Is happening to other applications/devices that use the free API?
Just a heads up for everyone trying to 'help' troubleshooting.

This isn't a mystery issue. The issue is already known. Google is throttling.

Fixing the issue is the problem, and development is ongoing at GitHub to find a work around.

Having said that, some users may still be having issues with an incorrect or non optimised Kodi setup and I encourage a review of the last few pages of this thread to help with that.

In addition the problem is also intermittment, as well as seemingly location dependant at times too.

So sometimes it will work fine, others not all, as well as in between.

For me personally I don't have any issues after updating to the Alpha 1 and 2 versions of the YouTube addon, and I use the addon for hours and hours at a time, playing video after video successfully without problems.

My setup can also be found in the previous pages of this thread.

Hope this helps Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2021-10-13, 23:53)rfjqzkdi Wrote: Is happening to other applications/devices that use the free API?
Yes. If you check a previous message of mine, I reported that 3 more apps (2 of them scrap youtube as a web page, 1 scraps it via its api) have issues.
I reported them to their devs and they are all fixed now.

How do I delete data and function cashes as someone mentioned?
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0