• 76(current)
Release YouTube
(2021-10-13, 15:57)asavah Wrote:
(2021-10-13, 15:52)kodden Wrote: It would be cool to get the developer's take on this;

There is a truckload of insights on github issue report https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...issues/163
TLDR: google seems to be ratelimiting (throttling) playback, ways around this are being looked at.
There is an alpha version linked in the aforementioned github thread that ATM solves the issue for me.
thanks

i suspected the issue was YouTube server side since i've been getting throttled lately when downloading YouTube videos via JDownloader no matter the IP i download from
I deleted any available cache that can be deleted via the addon's settings but nothing changed.
I am now waiting 2 minutes for my 1 minute tvspot to buffer so as to see it. I even got the slow source notification at the top! Great job youtube (the site, not the addon)!
Same problems here. 6.8.17 is unusable (Kodi Leia). Hope for official update soon...
@jim_p 
@JohnPlayerSpecial 

plugin.video.youtube-6.8.18.alpha2 has been working great for me after clearing cache

i also set <readfactor> in advancedsettings.xml to 20 although i suspect that didnt change anything because i had it at 15 when using the latest stable version of the plugin and still had issues
(2021-10-14, 17:58)BriceysCousin Wrote: @jim_p 
@JohnPlayerSpecial 

plugin.video.youtube-6.8.18.alpha2 has been working great for me after clearing cache

i also set <readfactor> in advancedsettings.xml to 20 although i suspect that didnt change anything because i had it at 15 when using the latest stable version of the plugin and still had issues
Makes no difference here, streams are stalling (CVideoPlayerAudio:Tonguerocess - stream stalled) then buffering for at least a minute.
@woprr 
ah ok interesting
maybe a geolocation thing, although i haven't tried with live streams if that's what you're talking about
I have plugin.video.youtube-6.8.18.alpha2 and MPEG-DASH enabled. Most streams work just fine, but some streams, which only provide an mp4 stream ( no mpd stream ) will repeatedly stall and are virtually unplayable. Here is an example of a stream I can't get an mpd stream from and won't play with youtube add-on https://youtu.be/q-lzUzIBI_A and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml-ZP-_e_o4
(2021-10-15, 00:02)simonmoon Wrote: I have plugin.video.youtube-6.8.18.alpha2 and MPEG-DASH enabled. Most streams work just fine, but some streams, which only provide an mp4 stream ( no mpd stream ) will repeatedly stall and are virtually unplayable. Here is an example of a stream I can't get an mpd stream from and won't play with youtube add-on https://youtu.be/q-lzUzIBI_A and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml-ZP-_e_o4

Both videos plays perfectly for me. I'm using the Alpha 1 version.
(2021-10-15, 00:02)simonmoon Wrote: Here is an example of a stream I can't get an mpd stream from and won't play with youtube add-on https://youtu.be/q-lzUzIBI_A and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml-ZP-_e_o4

Both of those streams play instantly without any issues for me too on Alpha 2 version. And both of them show MPD streams available, albeit only at 360p (mpd; h.264 / aac@128).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2021-10-15, 00:50)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2021-10-15, 00:02)simonmoon Wrote: Here is an example of a stream I can't get an mpd stream from and won't play with youtube add-on https://youtu.be/q-lzUzIBI_A and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml-ZP-_e_o4

Both of those streams play instantly without any issues for me too on Alpha 2 version. And both of them show MPD streams available, albeit only at 360p (mpd; h.264 / aac@128).
I changed MPEG-DASH video quality option to to 360p and now a 360p mpd stream is available and working fine. With MPEG-DASH set at 720p the vast majority of videos stream a 720p mpd . Is your configuration playing only at 360p , or is there something wrong with my MPEG-DASH configuration when it is at 720p ?
(2021-10-15, 01:29)simonmoon Wrote: I changed MPEG-DASH video quality option to to 360p and now a 360p mpd stream is available and working fine. With MPEG-DASH set at 720p the vast majority of videos stream a 720p mpd . Is your configuration playing only at 360p , or is there something wrong with my MPEG-DASH configuration when it is at 720p ?

The device I tested on is set to MPEG-DASH Enabled and 360p, and it played those two videos at 360p mpd.

I used another device which is set to MPEG-DASH Enabled and 720p, and it played those two videos at 360p but that was NOT mpd (as you said there are no other mpd options for those videos) - so it seems to me that the addon had defaulted back to the non MPEG-DASH quality setting that I still had set here: YouTube > Settings > General > Video Quality

I'm not sure why, if MPEG-DASH is set to 720p that it does not see the 360p mpd file and play that if no 720p mpd file is available - and if that is wrong, or it should be like that - I don't know?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2021-10-15, 01:57)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2021-10-15, 01:29)simonmoon Wrote: I changed MPEG-DASH video quality option to to 360p and now a 360p mpd stream is available and working fine. With MPEG-DASH set at 720p the vast majority of videos stream a 720p mpd . Is your configuration playing only at 360p , or is there something wrong with my MPEG-DASH configuration when it is at 720p ?

The device I tested on is set to MPEG-DASH Enabled and 360p, and it played those two videos at 360p mpd.

I used another device which is set to MPEG-DASH Enabled and 720p, and it played those two videos at 360p but that was NOT mpd (as you said there are no other mpd options for those videos) - so it seems to me that the addon had defaulted back to the non MPEG-DASH quality setting that I still had set here: YouTube > Settings > General > Video Quality

I'm not sure why, if MPEG-DASH is set to 720p that it does not see the 360p file and play that if no 720p file is available - and if that is wrong, or it should be like that - I don't know.

I have now tried MPEG-DASH video quality adaptive (MP4/H264). It is showing a 1080p mpd stream as the only mpd available, but my general video settings are limited to 720p, so the video that I'm seeing is playing at 720p. These streams seem to be fine. If the stream is listed as 1080p, but displaying as a 720p stream, am I using the bandwidth of a 1080p video or just the 720p ?
I don't see a lot of people sharing the MPEG-DASH quality settings with their successful reports of Alpha2.  I'm not sure it matters, but it could be useful for someone  The buffering problem disappeared for me after installing Alpha2, at least after a few tries.  I have the MPEG-DASH quality set to "Adaptive (MP4/H264)" to take advantage of hardware rendering.  All InputStream Adaptive settings are set to defaults.  No cache clearing/deleting was required for me.

After installing Alpha2, I tried the same 1 minute, 38 second video about 5 times.  First play was 360p30, but played fine through to the end.  Second play was 240p30 and played fine too.  The next three plays were 1080p60, but the video was stuttering pretty badly, though the audio was fine and it never actually stopped to buffer.  I'm pretty sure this particular video is just taxing on my RPi 3B hardware decoding when I also have the player process info overlay on, what with all 60 of those frames flying around every second.  Besides that one video, all seems to be right with the (YouTube) world.  1080p wherever available (that's my display resolution) and I haven't had any problems for the last few days.

Interestingly, I just went back and tried a few things with that same test video and if I use "Play (Ask for quality)" and choose either "720p (mp4; h.264 / aac@192)" or "360p (mp4; h.264 / aac@96)" I can't get through the whole video without buffering at least once, but "1080p60 (mpd; h.264 / aac@128)" doesn't buffer at all.

My system:  Raspberry Pi 3B, LibreELEC 9.2.8, Kodi 18.9, InputStream Adaptive 2.4.8.1, YouTube 6.8.18~alpha2
(2021-10-14, 17:58)BriceysCousin Wrote: @jim_p 
@JohnPlayerSpecial 

Thanks, but i will wait for official update. Using my TV App until then.
I have the same problems with kodi 18.9 and youtube plugin alpha2 but i think it's a mechanism to frustrate the use of non-official applications. That is why the same video acts completely different with various people. 

I have noticed that a program i use to sometimes rip YT video's has basicly the same issue. Some video''s download with highspeed and others only 500 Kbit now while the video plays fine using chrome.

My advise to the developers, make it seem like it's a well-known browser.
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0