• 85(current)
Release YouTube
Hello. For some time now (I do not remember the exact version but this is going on definitely for 3-4 months) I have this problem: up to 1440p resolutions the videos play fine. When I choose 2160p I get video but no audio. The problem persists on version v6.8.18. Is it anything that I should check/ uncheck? Thanks in advance.
(2021-10-24, 00:50)Morgyn Wrote: RPI4 with Kodi 19

plugin.video.youtube-6.8.18.alpha6+matrix.1.zip installed.

19.0.0.1 Inputstream

I get no sound with MPEG-DASH@1080p

720p works with audio

Audio Only works.

Weirdly when I ask to pick resolution, the 1080p has an audio rate of 128.

1080p (mpd h264 / aac@128) = no audio
720p (mp4 h264 / aac@192) = audio
360p (mp4 h264 / aac@96) = audio
Did you find any solution? I have the same problem, but with 2160p videos.
Just wanted to say thanks to the dev and all the testers for their work on the youtube throttling problem.   The add-on updated yesterday and Youtube is back to normal.
@Morgyn and @zer0ner0

Please open an Issue for your problems here on GitHub so that it can be investigated: https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...ube/issues

Thanks Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Just did it. Thanks for the heads-up.
Hi should there be any difference if i signin to the app with my account that has a premium youtube subscription? I would also create the api access on that account.

I know that the app works like a charm now (really a big big thank you as my son loves to watch old cartoons) but just in case google starts messing with things again. They are the ones behind the youtibe app slowdown right?

Would being signed in with a premium account be stutter free?
Hi,

for many months and maybe even years, I have been making extensive use of the YouTube add-on's ability to offer automatically translated CZ subtitles for EN videos. Which was great for other household members who don't speak enough English to understand the videos themselves directly in EN. I don't know what happened where, but I lost that ability within YouTube and all I am currently able to achieve is EN subtitles for EN videos.

Would anyone please be able to advise me on how to get back to the state I had before? Specifically to have automatic translation and CZ subtitles for EN videos again? I would greatly appreciate it and my family would appreciate it even more.

.. I will add that I have always had an option for these purposes within the YouTube add-on, under subtitle settings: "Non-functional CS with EN", which just ensured automatic translation of subtitles into CZ if YouTube allowed it and if not, then I got at least EN subtitles.

Thank you in advance,
Martin
Nevermind. Perceived error resolved itself.
Hi,

I hope I'm at the right place here Smile . I just registered just so I can ask this question because I couldn't really find an answer. 

Does this addon support surround sound?

Surround sound works flawlessy at my setup for the standard (non-addon) stuff via pass through (to my avr).
I've set up the whole stuff (including inputstream adaptive / overclocking etc.) on an raspbery pi 2 with libreelec.
I get an 1080p 60fps video stream but only stereo audio stream (for some tested 5.1 test videos on youtube (I know that most videos on youtube only provide stereo))

I've searched a lot but haven't found a clear statement if this should work or not.
I would be glad if somebody can enlighten me.

Thanks in advance
(2021-10-30, 19:31)retroultra Wrote: Hi,

I hope I'm at the right place here Smile . I just registered just so I can ask this question because I couldn't really find an answer. 

Does this addon support surround sound?

Surround sound works flawlessy at my setup for the standard (non-addon) stuff via pass through (to my avr).
I've set up the whole stuff (including inputstream adaptive / overclocking etc.) on an raspbery pi 2 with libreelec.
I get an 1080p 60fps video stream but only stereo audio stream (for some tested 5.1 test videos on youtube (I know that most videos on youtube only provide stereo))

I've searched a lot but haven't found a clear statement if this should work or not.
I would be glad if somebody can enlighten me.

Thanks in advance

Ok, I've read a lot now that other third party app "support" surround sound but I just found out it seems that youtube still doesn't support surround sound at all. I was not expecting this...
So my request can then be ignored.
(2021-10-30, 20:07)retroultra Wrote: Ok, I've read a lot now that other third party app "support" surround sound but I just found out it seems that youtube still doesn't support surround sound at all. I was not expecting this...
I use Kodi on a decade old htpc with Win7 and that plays 5.1 test/demo videos from youtube fine with all channels. Maybe it's a system limitation on the Pi or libreelec?

Two such videos in case you still want to test:
- DTS test
- Dolby demo

My audio settings:

On-screen system info during the second video, showing six channels being recognized:

YouTube does not support surround sound YET. They announced in June 2021 that YouTube TV's 4K Ultra HD Add-On Package will support 5.1 Dolby surround sound audio. YouTube TV’s 4K Plus will be available at an additional $19.99 per month regularly, on top of the base $64.99/month price.
Thumbs Up 
(2021-11-04, 23:16)blueribb Wrote: YouTube does not support surround sound YET. They announced in June 2021 that YouTube TV's 4K Ultra HD Add-On Package will support 5.1 Dolby surround sound audio. YouTube TV’s 4K Plus will be available at an additional $19.99 per month regularly, on top of the base $64.99/month price.
(2021-11-04, 22:25)WeirdH Wrote:
(2021-10-30, 20:07)retroultra Wrote: Ok, I've read a lot now that other third party app "support" surround sound but I just found out it seems that youtube still doesn't support surround sound at all. I was not expecting this...
I use Kodi on a decade old htpc with Win7 and that plays 5.1 test/demo videos from youtube fine with all channels. Maybe it's a system limitation on the Pi or libreelec?

Two such videos in case you still want to test:
- DTS test
- Dolby demo

My audio settings:

On-screen system info during the second video, showing six channels being recognized:

can you try a video with 1080p 60fps (best from another app that has to do the
h264 by itself)?
Hello,
I also have this BUG. Isn't there still a fix for this? In my case, the channels were missing since the beginning, I have about 12-15 channel subscriptions, but only 3 appear. I have cleaned everything with the Maintenance menu, relogged in and I get the same result. Tested with the latest stable version of this addon, Kodi 19.3 on Nvidia Shield TV.

Thanks in advance.
  • 85(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0