• 91(current)
Release YouTube
dear anxdpanic,

what can we do, to bring back the "My subscriptions" list back to life on kodi matrix?
on github issues there are tips for using newpipe etc.

Is it to hard to bring it back to life? how can we user help you?
Hi everyone,

I am doing everything right but this error message pops up.
Where am I going wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Respects...
Is it possible to restrict this addon to let my kid access only a few channels or block some channels that he should not get access to?
Have searched for Closed Captioning but find no answer readily.

Is it possible to enable closed captions for youtube videos using the add-on? If so, how is it done please?
To save some headache for others:

It seems I had some very old API keys in KODI configuration - I use YT quite seldomly (and reading back the thread they might not work anymore as Google had changed stuff). Indeed they didn't. So I created new ones.

The problem: after shutting down KODI, and replacing the keys in api_keys.json, the old ones keep coming up. It took me a while to realize what is happening since humans are notoriously bad at recognizing random number-character -strings having been changed. I just kept going in circles since I keep getting a LoginException.

Finally, I realized the keys are stored in two places - the api_keys.json and settings.xml. This is not reflected in the Wiki (perhaps it should). To change the keys, it is probably safest to delete all keys and then put them in one place (api_key.json) - or, use the UI (*), as I would presume the plugin can then update the keys in all required places.

Hope this helps!

p.s. Editing the keys to a file by hand is by far the most convenient method for me; SSHing is just easiest, and that way there's no need to mess around with a web server and a browser. I do have means to paste the keys via the KODI ui (I think, I'm not actually sure), but it is just awful for this kind of stuff. This way to enter the keys via a file could be more robust; one suggestion I have is that if there are discrepancies in settings.xml <-> api_key.json at start, the keys in the json are preferred over the config, as this method of entering keys is advertised in the wiki (and not editing settings.xml). If keys are updated via other means (UI), then the json file should also be updated. Also, perhaps the keys should not be stored in two places to eliminate confusion for a user who is hand-editing the config? For example, delete api_keys.json in case keys have been imported and written properly.
(2022-02-08, 22:03)Wild Penguin Wrote: the api_keys.json and settings.xml.
Hmm...Well that explains a lot as to why I couldn't get mine working a month ago. I ended up creating a new set. Thanks for this. I will try my old keys.

Regards,

Shedrock
Another possible source of problems:

If there have been too many errors with requests, Google may set your daily quota to zero. This may happen, for example, if you've been trying to use the old keys too many times. It may be so that the quotas may reset after a while (I'd presume they do) once the "developer" doesn't send erroneous queries anymore (i.e. in this case, fixes the keys) but I'm not sure how long it takes nor if it will ever actually happen; I didn't try waiting. It might take 24 hours, it might take a month (the quota page does say "Daily quotas reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT)" - so it would make sense that's when the error quota also resets).

So case may be, you need to create another project, and this is actually what I did. To check if you have this problem, check out the quotas in the YouTube Data API section in the developers console Web UI. All quotas should have a sensible non-zero value; and IIRC it will also tell you error quota has been reached (don't remember the exact wording, didn't take screenshots; the error quota itself is not displayed on the page, don't know what the actual value for it is). If a quota (Queries per day) has been set to zero, wait a while (until midnight PT) or create a new project if that doesn't help - or in case your impatient, like I was.
hello,   is there a way to force  AV1  codec  in youtube addon?
(2022-02-12, 21:48)rix81 Wrote: hello,   is there a way to force  AV1  codec  in youtube addon?

I also want to know this.
this video may be inappropriate for some users, this is new error that i get when i send link to coreelec using kore with yatse i dont get anything, no error no video.
(2022-02-02, 20:27)jonboyp1976 Wrote: Have searched for Closed Captioning but find no answer readily.

Is it possible to enable closed captions for youtube videos using the add-on? If so, how is it done please?

As far as I know, subtitles only work if MPEG-DASH is enabled in settings and you've set up General > Subtitle language

But at the moment MPEG-DASH isn't working for me, probably because I rolled back to Widevine 4.10.2252.5 to stop the buffering problem with paid-for streaming providers. So as I disabled MPEG-DASH I can't have subtitles either. Unless perhaps anyone knows any combination of settings which allows them with MPEG-DASH turned off?
hi, first apologize for my very few skills...
what does it mean :
disable/enable YouTube Settings - MPEG-DASH...??
pls i pray you to try to explain it to me as you were talking to a little child with no skills at all.. Wink

thxs so much in adv

cheers
@p060477 - your post above has been merged into the proper YouTube addon support thread (this current one).

Just in case you were wondering where your original thread/post had gone Smile
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
thxs so much..apologize me for my error.. Sad
hope someone here could be able to help me..
thxs so much in adv

cheers
(2022-02-02, 12:26)extremeaudio Wrote: Is it possible to restrict this addon to let my kid access only a few channels or block some channels that he should not get access to?

You could use the YouTube Channels addon https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=45246 then you can add certain channels for your kid to access.
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0