• 8(current)
Release YouTube
(2020-11-03, 13:34)loggin Wrote:
(2020-11-02, 00:53)RedNas74 Wrote: I can't get YouTube to work anymore. I get quota exceeded when I try to search for or start a video. I even made new api keys, but the result is the same. Anyone know what's going on?

Yeah I've just an email this morning saying my quota has been pulled through lack of recent use and need to request more, only thing is they are requesting app design documents on how it interacts with the api
Yep, I was just coming here to say the same thing. 

I'm going to try and create a new API key later tonight and see if that makes any difference...
@Kataliyst 
Disable Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use MPEG-DASH
Also Disable Settings - API - Enable API configuration page
Restart Kodi
Enable Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use MPEG-DASH

@Lirk
Will look into the subtitle menu

@sus67
Settings - Folders - Retrieve Watch Later playlist id
If that fails, set Settings - Folders - Custom Watch Later playlist id to " WL" including the space, without the quotes

@Wojtek 
https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...-720029708

@tw_psycho
The something went wrong with your key creation, or the client id you entered is incorrect.

@arsMOBILIS
Not sure what would cause that, it may just be something just be something to do with YouTube/caching server

@RedNas74, @gary9872, @nuovacarne, @loggin, @starslayer74, and any one else experiencing quota exceeded.
You are not able to request increased quota. 
If it doesn't resolve it self in time or you don't want to wait, you'll likely have to shutdown your current project, and recreate fresh keys.
My guess is this was caused by Recommendations, can any of you confirm that you use the Recommendations menu regularly?

If I missed anyone please @ me and provide a complete debug log (wiki) if appropriate.
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
@Lirk
See below

I've updated post #2 and the repositories with 6.8.8~beta1 
Code:
~beta1
[fixup] encoding of subtitle track names
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
That won't work. After 3 months I received mail from Google about project inactivity and project deleted. Plugin of course does not work anymore. I can only request more quota and obviously, Google will never approve request.

Google will keep revoking acceess, so I don't think this plugin makes any sense, sorry. Every time and everyone will be eventually banned by Google.
Hi. I came here to add my voice to the "Quota Exceeded" reports. I have the exact same issue.

Google has sent an e-mail that says that because of 90 days of inactivity, the project's quotas have been revoked.

If I try to open another project it would be violating their ToS.

Note that I have been using the YouTube add-on in the past 90 days, so it's not for lack of use of the API calls themselves.
Yep, Google started to ban all users using this addon. That was expected, as it's dev api without even any ads. Shame. Maybe I will try with new Google account, because it's risky and I don't want to get permanently banned
(2020-11-03, 19:19)anxdpanic Wrote: @Kataliyst 
Disable Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use MPEG-DASH
Also Disable Settings - API - Enable API configuration page
Restart Kodi
Enable Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use MPEG-DASH

@Lirk
Will look into the subtitle menu

@sus67
Settings - Folders - Retrieve Watch Later playlist id
If that fails, set Settings - Folders - Custom Watch Later playlist id to " WL" including the space, without the quotes

@Wojtek 

@tw_psycho
The something went wrong with your key creation, or the client id you entered is incorrect.

@arsMOBILIS
Not sure what would cause that, it may just be something just be something to do with YouTube/caching server

@RedNas74, @gary9872, @nuovacarne, @loggin, @starslayer74, and any one else experiencing quota exceeded.
You are not able to request increased quota. 
If it doesn't resolve it self in time or you don't want to wait, you'll likely have to shutdown your current project, and recreate fresh keys.
My guess is this was caused by Recommendations, can any of you confirm that you use the Recommendations menu regularly?

If I missed anyone please @ me and provide a complete debug log (wiki) if appropriate.
I use recommendations when I'm on youtube on my PC or the AndroidTV app, but in Kodi, I never even use Youtube, I have it there for my homemade addons that pull from specific pages...
No, I don't generally use recommendations.  I would use the search function and that is about all.  Currently the My Subscriptions lists items and the History lists items. Nothing else appears to work.  Work around for now is to find the youtube item on my laptop, start watching it to get it into my history, then go to the kodi plugin and open said item from History so I can view on the TV. Browser addons like cast to kodi just bring up the same no quota error.

I don't understand Google's issue here other than I think they want to block any app that doesn't constantly shove adverts down your throat.

So is the recommendation to delete our personal API keys and projects and just login with user/pass?
I got the same email like everybody else here that my keys have been revoked.
The difference with the above users is that my keys are created with a Google account that has YouTube Premium.
They revoke all kind of api keys, even keys created with accounts that pay for YouTube.

(2020-11-04, 05:14)bluzee Wrote: I don't understand Google's issue here other than I think they want to block any app that doesn't constantly shove adverts down your throat.

YouTube doesn't shove adverts down my throat, I pay for YouTube Premium to get rid of them.
That's the real annoying thing, paying for YouTube and not being able to use it in my beloved Kodi.

@anxdpanic 
I don't use recommendations too, I don't think they are starting to revoke keys because of that.
If Google keeps revoking the keys, any chance to make the addon somehow to work at least only for paid customers of YouTube, I mean like the Netflix add-on, the Disney+ add-on, the Spotify add-on etc.
@starslayer74
I don't use recommendations. And note, that Google says my project is inactive since 90 days, not quoata exceeded. But then, proposal is to request more quota which is confusing. I guess I can create new project and get new keys. But I think Google has finally came his attention to dev access like this and will keep deleting projects, or even ban users becacuse he is against using api like this addon does. The best I can expect now: Google will delete project again, worst: I will get banned.

@olympus
I think it does not matter if you have premium account or not. Google does not want to allow to use this api to watch movies and will eventually revoke access. This api has nothing to do with premium/free account.
(2020-11-03, 19:19)anxdpanic Wrote: @Wojtek 
Indeed. Three } were added to the file, now works OK, many thanks!
Wojtek
(2020-11-04, 08:01)olympus Wrote: I got the same email like everybody else here that my keys have been revoked.
The difference with the above users is that my keys are created with a Google account that has YouTube Premium.
They revoke all kind of api keys, even keys created with accounts that pay for YouTube.

(2020-11-04, 05:14)bluzee Wrote: I don't understand Google's issue here other than I think they want to block any app that doesn't constantly shove adverts down your throat.

YouTube doesn't shove adverts down my throat, I pay for YouTube Premium to get rid of them.
That's the real annoying thing, paying for YouTube and not being able to use it in my beloved Kodi.

@anxdpanic 
I don't use recommendations too, I don't think they are starting to revoke keys because of that.
If Google keeps revoking the keys, any chance to make the addon somehow to work at least only for paid customers of YouTube, I mean like the Netflix add-on, the Disney+ add-on, the Spotify add-on etc.
I actually have Youtube premium also.
UPDATE

I've received an email from YouTube API Operations <noreply@YouTube.com> as quoted below:
At least this explains the error message but I do not understand it at all:

I have definitely used the Kodi YouTube plugin within a period of less than 90 days and I have created the project back in May, so if they mean the time I havn't opened the Google Cloud Platform this would have been far more than 90 days...

The REQUEST QUOTA link leads to a form longer than my elbow and for most questions I do not have a clue what to answer. It would most likely be easier ti create a new project.

Has anyone experienced similar problems? Is there any other smart solution?

Quote:Access to YouTube API Services disabled due to inactivity We've identified you as an owner or creator of one or more Google Cloud Platform projects which have been granted access to the YouTube API Services. The following projects have not accessed the Services in more than 90 days, and their API quota has been revoked in accordance with the Terms of Service.
  • Project kodi-277810 (806843197914)
If you plan to resume use of the Services, you can request quota using the form linked below.REQUEST QUOTA
(2020-11-04, 12:39)giaur Wrote: @starslayer74
I don't use recommendations. And note, that Google says my project is inactive since 90 days, not quoata exceeded. But then, proposal is to request more quota which is confusing. I guess I can create new project and get new keys. But I think Google has finally came his attention to dev access like this and will keep deleting projects, or even ban users becacuse he is against using api like this addon does. The best I can expect now: Google will delete project again, worst: I will get banned.

@olympus
I think it does not matter if you have premium account or not. Google does not want to allow to use this api to watch movies and will eventually revoke access. This api has nothing to do with premium/free account.

My first thought when this all stopped working was "what if this is related to the youtube-dl crackdown?" - Not sure but I could understand if they think people are using it for nefarious activities.
There is already a thread where this is being discussed here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2986467
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0