• 78(current)
Release YouTube
(2021-10-17, 22:51)nycman Wrote: Thank you I will try that

Download and 'Install from Zip' this version for Matrix: plugin.video.youtube-6.8.18.alpha3+matrix.1.zip from here: https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide.../6.x.x-dev

Or, install the Test Repo and then that same Alpha 3 version by following the instructions in my earlier post here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3064138

Hope this helps Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2021-10-17, 22:51)nycman Wrote:
(2021-10-17, 22:42)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2021-10-17, 22:39)nycman Wrote: Hi for about the last couple of weeks about half of my videos in my playlist wont play ,  some take up to a minute to load and some freeze up when playing.  All other videos on my device other then youtube work fine.   Im using 6.8.17 +matrix.1 on a nvidea shield./   Tryed clearing cache.   Any help would be greatly appreciated

Update to the latest Alpha 3 version.

If you are not sure how to do this then check my earlier posts over the last few pages.

Thank you I will try that
jmh2002 are these the ones to try :
plugin.video.youtube-6.8.18.alpha3+matrix.1.zip762 KB
plugin.video.youtube-6.8.18.alpha3.zip762 KB
plugin.video.youtube-unofficial-6.8.18.alpha3+matrix.1.zip764 KB
plugin.video.youtube-unofficial-6.8.18.alpha3.zip764 KB
Source code(zip)
Source code(tar.gz)
(2021-10-10, 23:23)Steph09 Wrote: Since i started the YouTube premium trial yesterday I've had no issues playing any video. None of the freezing or buffering after a few seconds as i was experiencing before.

yea but if that's the remedy we could just use the official youtube app
(2021-10-17, 22:59)nycman Wrote: jmh2002 are these the ones to try?

See my post just above. I took the time to give you the exact details.

You need this version for Matrix: plugin.video.youtube-6.8.18.alpha3+matrix.1.zip

PS: per my post here with a copy of the release notes you will need to sign in again - twice:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3065230
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
(2021-10-17, 23:02)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2021-10-17, 22:59)nycman Wrote: jmh2002 are these the ones to try?

See my post just above. I took the time to give you the exact details.

You need this version for Matrix: plugin.video.youtube-6.8.18.alpha3+matrix.1.zip
yes for some reason on that page on my nvidea the links didnt show up but on my pc they do.  I guess i could put them on a thumb drive and install like that
(2021-10-17, 23:07)nycman Wrote: yes for some reason on that page on my nvidea the links didnt show up but on my pc they do.  I guess i could put them on a thumb drive and install like that

Yes you can Nod (just the one zip file - you don't need all of them)
(2021-10-17, 23:09)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2021-10-17, 23:07)nycman Wrote: yes for some reason on that page on my nvidea the links didnt show up but on my pc they do.  I guess i could put them on a thumb drive and install like that

Yes you can Nod
Thanks again for such quick responses I will be trying this soon.   My 80 yo uncle loves your version of youtube to watch his Opera videos.   He wont use regular youtube , says yours is easier for him to use
I am still running Kodi Leia 18.9 and everything from YouTube has become pretty much unwatchable, do you think any of these new versions will work under Leia?  I'm really not wanting to upgrade Kodi if I don't have to because for once everything is working as it should, except now for YouTube.
(2021-10-18, 00:00)birdwatcher Wrote: I am still running Kodi Leia 18.9 and everything from YouTube has become pretty much unwatchable, do you think any of these new versions will work under Leia?  I'm really not wanting to upgrade Kodi if I don't have to because for once everything is working as it should, except now for YouTube.

Yes the versions above that do not include the word Matrix.

So the latest standard version for Leia would be this one: plugin.video.youtube-6.8.18.alpha3.zip
(2021-10-18, 00:11)jmh2002 Wrote: So the latest standard version for Leia would be this one: plugin.video.youtube-6.8.18.alpha3.zip

Thanks, just grabbed it and will give it a try tonight.  Much appreciated!
(2021-10-17, 22:59)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2021-10-17, 22:51)nycman Wrote: Thank you I will try that

Download and 'Install from Zip' this version for Matrix: plugin.video.youtube-6.8.18.alpha3+matrix.1.zip from here: https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide.../6.x.x-dev

Or, install the Test Repo and then that same Alpha 3 version by following the instructions in my earlier post here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3064138

Hope this helps Nod
Thanx! This worked for me for Matrix on Win X64 / Win x86 and RPI3
After realizing that login twice means 2 x 2 codes Big Grin i can confirm: works on my older coreelec/leia so far. Thanks!
Alpha 4 containing a fix to Subtitles (which were broken in Alpha 3) has gone up on GitHub and is also available from the Test Repo:

https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide.../6.x.x-dev

6.x.x-dev
@github-actions github-actions released this 31 minutes ago

[fix] Fix to_str |contrib: RNavega|
[fix] Fix playback buffering |contrib: RNavega|
[lang] translation updates from Weblate

Hope this helps Nod
There is a problem trying to download the first Alpha 4 on the list linked above.
(2021-10-18, 19:36)blueribb Wrote: There is a problem trying to download the first Alpha 4 on the list linked above.

I didn't notice this Huh I installed it from the Test Repo earlier without any issues, and after your post I just downloaded the Zip from GitHub and that worked without any issues too.
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0