• 80(current)
Release YouTube
@Grarea, you need to figure it out. It's a bit different to make an API key, because google changed a bit the procedure, but if you insist, you will succed eventually. Or search for a newer tutorial on youtube.
(2021-10-19, 17:09)angelitto Wrote:
(2021-10-19, 16:35)Doktor-X Wrote: can anyone try play https://youtu.be/pZ2bLSIcOms (age restricted video) using alpha 4. Im using s912 box running coreelec kodi 19 and its only playing with alpha 1

For me  it's not working even with Age Gate=OFF. I'm using Alpha 4.

So its not only me, alpha 4 is broken in that regard, im sticking to alpha 1 untill this is resolved
Hi there,
i'm using youtube in combination with newpipe and kore to stream from my smartphone and everything worked fine until i reinstalled libreelec a few days ago on my rasp.4
Now i cant get it to work properly, all i get (in every resolution) are a few seconds from the video and then it starts stuttering and finally stops. When i try audio only in the options it works fine.
Refresh rate is on start/stop and i tried like a billion settings changes in youtube, libreelec, input streamer or even on my smartphone.

Maybe someone has an idea. Thank you Smile
(2021-10-19, 18:20)belgar Wrote: Hi there,
i'm using youtube in combination with newpipe and kore to stream from my smartphone and everything worked fine until i reinstalled libreelec a few days ago on my rasp.4
Now i cant get it to work properly, all i get (in every resolution) are a few seconds from the video and then it starts stuttering and finally stops. When i try audio only in the options it works fine.
Refresh rate is on start/stop and i tried like a billion settings changes in youtube, libreelec, input streamer or even on my smartphone.

Same slowdown for me (using only official Youtube plugin from KODI repository and MPEG-DASH on Coreelec machine). Tested on Coreelec 9.2.8 and on Windows 10 with KODI 19.2. Dunno how it is long, but few weeks ago it was fine. My internet connection is 500 Mbps and I am on cable. Another streaming services in KODI works fine in 4k.
(2021-10-19, 18:49)martinlm Wrote:

Same slowdown for me (using only official Youtube plugin from KODI repository and MPEG-DASH on Coreelec machine). Tested on Coreelec 9.2.8 and on Windows 10 with KODI 19.2. Dunno how it is long, but few weeks ago it was fine. My internet connection is 500 Mbps and I am on cable. Another streaming services in KODI works fine in 4k.

Alpha4 mentioned in this thread fixed my problem. Smile Now everything works great.
(2021-10-19, 17:13)angelitto Wrote: @Grarea, you need to figure it out. It's a bit different to make an API key, because google changed a bit the procedure, but if you insist, you will succed eventually. Or search for a newer tutorial on youtube.

ok, thanks.
I don't understand what I am doing, so I shall look for a newer tutorial.

I assume you mean that the one the add on tells you to go to is out of date.
Thanks
Alpha 5 containing a further fix to Subtitles (which were broken in Alpha 3 & 4) has gone up on GitHub and is also available from the Test Repo:

https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide.../6.x.x-dev

6.x.x-dev Pre-release
@github-actions github-actions released this 16 minutes ago

[fix] Fix to_str |contrib: RNavega|
[fix] Fix playback buffering |contrib: RNavega|
[lang] translation updates from Weblate

I can confirm that Alpha 5 fixes the subtitles problem for me.

Hope this helps Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2021-10-19, 16:35)Doktor-X Wrote: can anyone try play https://youtu.be/pZ2bLSIcOms (age restricted video) using alpha 4. Im using s912 box running coreelec kodi 19 and its only playing with alpha 1

I can confirm that this video still does not seem to play on Alpha 5.

Did you report it as an issue on GitHub? I didn't see it in the list here: https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...ube/issues
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
hi jmh2002
To fix video playing , freezing etc. you suggested trying alpha3 since then I see now alpha5.  Im liitle confused ,  should I use 5 ?
(2021-10-20, 03:08)nycman Wrote: hi jmh2002
To fix video playing , freezing etc. you suggested trying alpha3 since then I see now alpha5.  Im liitle confused ,  should I use 5 ?

When I gave that advice it was several days ago and Alpha 5 didn't exist Wink Further work and fixes keep getting made so new updates are issued. In due course a full release (meaning non Alpha or Beta) will be released with all these fixes too.

So you can use Alpha 3, 4, or 5 now - all will fix buffering issues, but Alpha 5 fixes subtitles not working in 3 and 4 too Nod
(2021-10-20, 03:13)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2021-10-20, 03:08)nycman Wrote: hi jmh2002
Ok I think I understand now.    Was thinking maybe one was significantly different then others.   Thanx again for the help.   The support here is excellent.   Its appreciated

When I gave that advice it was several days ago and Alpha 5 didn't exist Wink Further work and fixes keep getting made so new updates are issued.

So you can use Alpha 3, 4, or 5 - all will fix buffering issues, but Alpha 5 fixes subtitles not working in 3 and 4.
Hi all! i have a raspberry pi with kodi 17 with youtube addon 6.8.17 but i don't have a smooth view of youtube and i would like to update 6.8.18 alpha version but i'm not sure whichone to apply. I know that matrix file is for kodi 19 so i discard this version. But still pending 2 files, one unofficial and the other one only alpha for version 6.8.18.

Which one should i apply??

Thank you!
(2021-10-10, 23:35)jmh2002 Wrote: Naturally you should choose the Matrix Repos for Kodi v19 Matrix installations, and Not the Matrix Repos for older setups.

To confirm, there is no functional difference as far as playback of videos is concerned between the Official and UnOfficial versions.

The only difference is that the UnOfficial version includes an option to set the Kodi 'View Type' automatically for your skin (eg: List, Media Info, Thumbnail, etc).

Hope this helps Nod
(2021-10-19, 19:56)martinlm Wrote:
(2021-10-19, 18:49)martinlm Wrote:

Alpha4 mentioned in this thread fixed my problem. Smile Now everything works great.

Alpha4 worked for this problem. Great.
Usual stuttering/buffering issue on fully updated Vero 4K with 6.8.17+matrix.1

Dropped alpha 5 on, had some confusion on my part with the 2 device authentications (I'm old enough that my grandkids should be programming my VCR for me) but all appears to work fine after.

No extensive testing but if I see issues I'll post a log.

Thank you to devs and all who assist!
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0