• 99(current)
Release YouTube
Hi,

just a quick question: as i search for a Video, after Youtube show the Results, i can remember that the Plug-In shows you the Date (on the bottom right) when a Video was uploaded.
Unfortunately there is no Date anymore after i updatet Kodi from 18.9 to 19.4 and the current Alpha of the YouTube Plug-in.

There was a Post here on the Forum where someone explains how to get the upload-date back, but the Post dont exists anymore - really cant remember what the Steps are, maybe someone knows how to bring back the upload-date info.

Thanks in Advance
My TV run Android 4.4 so I can't install Kodi 17+. Are there any ways to get 1080p on Kodi 16 or FTMC?
Hi Guys,

A strange thing started happening yesterday, a lot of videos say "This app cannot play this content ..." on Matrix/Kodi 19 the day before it was all playing fine is there an issue?

This is the one: https://support.google.com/youtube/answe...0?hl=en-GB

cheers guys

Graham
(2022-07-30, 10:23)graham23s Wrote: A strange thing started happening yesterday, a lot of videos say "This app cannot play this content ..." on Matrix/Kodi 19 the day before it was all playing fine is there an issue?

This is the one: https://support.google.com/youtube/answe...0?hl=en-GB
Same thing has happened to me. That support link is interesting: I wonder if it's related to our tokens getting blocked, or if there's been an API change? I'll try making a new token when I get time later.
In the afternoon, YouTube worked without problems, now it does not work at all. Tried to delete everything, reset, update the version. All in vain (Just when you click on any video, the circle spins but the video does not start, even just Fullscreen OSD. Authorization passes without any errors. What could be the reason?
This does not work even on kodi installed from scratch
Just switched to the smart tube next app, works a lot better I'm afraid, this one is far too buggy and not updated since October last year.
Jas this addon been abandoned now ? Are there any alternatives ?

I've got the App CannotvPlay This Content problem too
Since today i get this error message when opening the Youtube app:
LoginException: [400] invalid_grand Token has been expired or revoked

Now i have to say, that a day or 5 ago i installed Kodi on a pc and copied the api_keys.json & access_manager.json from Userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube folder to the pc folder for Kodi... Launched and got almost the same error, but on the raspberry pi it worked fine for days after that.

Suddently today it doenst show the content of the youtube lists (subcriptions etc)

- I tried to restore and old backup from 1 month ago
- I checked if those files still exist (Userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube) (sjon files)
- i use LibreELEC 9.2
- 2 factor login in the yt app doesnt fix this ether.

I dont thing a newer version will fix it, because on the pc i get almost the same error.

I do believe it's an error like it said: token envoked, so i need to re-enable it in some sort of way (if i am correct)
Doesnt matter, i already fixed it
Anyone else unable to change sorting order on your playlists? I can do it on the "Watch later" playlist but not on any other that I had created. It is kind of annoying as I have playlists with dozens of videos and I wanted to be able to have the recently added on the first page instead of having to scroll 14 pages.

Thank you for your replies.
I need to set a youtube live playlist, only to find out that the live id for the same channel is not permanent

plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=XXXXXXXXX

So i type like this 

plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?channel_id=YYYYYY&live=1

But it needs to setup youtube API if like the above 

My question is why you can play live channel with its temporray video_id just fine without API setup but not its channel_id?

The youtube function is not properly implemented through out kodi, the AZR skin could play thousands of youtube trailers with its autotrailer function without having to setup any API, but when click movie info on the trailer button it asks to setup youtube API. Even if open the youtube addon and signing in, still need to setup API.

Why?

I hate the API coz always show exceed quotas.

please answer the first question before asking me to setup API.
Can't really help you but you should know that "quota exceeded" issues have been solved long time ago with an update. Check the git.
(2022-08-27, 18:36)RManPT Wrote: Can't really help you but you should know that "quota exceeded" issues have been solved long time ago with an update. Check the git.

It's ok, i created another gmail account, new api, new OAuth id, OAuth secret for it to work. The old gmail account is so old perhaps it does exceeded quotas.

Anyway, just to update after i sorted out the quotas issue, the url like these will not work for live channel. 
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?channel_id=channel_id&live=1
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel_id/live

For Live channel to work:
-
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=video_id_of_live_channel

Just wish that the channel owner doesnt end the live channel and create a new one which they usually do, if that happen you need to get the new id
Hi Guys,

For  a couple of days now, I have been unable to watch videos on Kodi through the youtube plugin.

I am running LibreElec 9.0.2 (Kodi 18.2) on an Odroid C2 board with youtube plugin 6.8.18.

I tried to completely reflash the board but the issue remains.
Then I desperately tried to create a brand new google account (with new API Key, OAuth ID & OAuth Secret) but the issue is still the same!

Here are the logs when I launch a youtube video: https://paste.kodi.tv/fowofowiqa.kodi

The thing was working perfectly fine since 2020!

Anyone experiencing the same issue recently?
  • 99(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0