Nvidia Shield Pro with Inteset INT422 Remote
Hello!

I bought the new Nvidia Shield Pro, so I could use Kodi on it. I bought an Inteset INT422 Remote to go with it.

The remote works well, but I hate that Inteset--for some reason--mapped the FF and RW buttons to search forward and search backwards, instead of fast forward and rewind, like the Nvidia remote is. I contacted Ineset, and they say it can't be changed. Search forward goes WAY to fast.

Other than that, the remote is perfect. I was hoping to remap those two keys in Kodi, so it would behave like the Nvidia remote (e.g., fast forward, not search forward). I tried using the GUI keymapping app, but I messed it up so bad, I had to use a file browser to go in and fix it (couldn't use remote in Kodi at all).

Can someone please help me remap these keys or tell me a better way to fix this? I was thinking as a last resort to buy a FLIRC, but I don't want to make the change globally, just for Kodi.

Thanks!
Ok, I've figured out my issue. In case someone else has the same problem, I am posting my finding here.

1. The reason that the fast forward (FF) and rewind (RW) buttons on Inteset's INT422 remote maps to search forward/reverse for the Nvidia Shield is because they share the same codes as the left/right navigation keys. This is because Inteset uses ONE code for all models of Shield. The old Shield's remote doesn't have FF/RW buttons, and its navigation buttons do search forward/reverse on Kodi.

2. When I changed the Kodi key mapping for relevant key to FF and RW, I did so globally. Since they share the same code as the navigation keys, it broken navigation.

3. The solution was simply to change the keys only for video playback.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Pro with Inteset INT422 Remote0