Solved popcornmix/gbm 4k HEVC playback fails, EGL_BAD_MATCH
@popcornmix - I built c131e47ada from your gbm branch on Arch ARM (RPi4 4G). 

Problem: This 4k HEVC video does not play/just get a blank screen.

Kodi debug log: https://gist.github.com/graysky2/c26a960...be66c1415a
Log from building: https://gist.github.com/graysky2/8d6dcbc...28b52a3159

Snippet from log:
Code:
2020-09-19 09:48:59.064 T:414     DEBUG <general>: EGL Debugging:
                                                   Error: EGL_BAD_MATCH
                                                   Command: eglCreateImageKHR
                                                   Type: EGL_DEBUG_MSG_ERROR_KHR
                                                   Message: unknown drm fourcc format
2020-09-19 09:48:59.064 T:414     ERROR <general>: CEGLImage::CreateImage - failed to import buffer into EGL image: 12297
2020-09-19 09:48:59.064 T:414     DEBUG <general>: CEGLImage::CreateImage - attributes:
                                                   EGL_WIDTH: 3840
                                                   EGL_HEIGHT: 2160
                                                   EGL_LINUX_DRM_FOURCC_EXT: 808661072
                                                   EGL_YUV_COLOR_SPACE_HINT_EXT: EGL_ITU_REC709_EXT
                                                   EGL_SAMPLE_RANGE_HINT_EXT: EGL_YUV_NARROW_RANGE_EXT
                                                   EGL_YUV_CHROMA_VERTICAL_SITING_HINT_EXT: EGL_YUV_CHROMA_SITING_0_EXT
                                                   EGL_YUV_CHROMA_HORIZONTAL_SITING_HINT_EXT: EGL_YUV_CHROMA_SITING_0_EXT
                                                   EGL_DMA_BUF_PLANE0_FD_EXT: 56
                                                   EGL_DMA_BUF_PLANE0_OFFSET_EXT: 0
                                                   EGL_DMA_BUF_PLANE0_PITCH_EXT: 7680
                                                   EGL_DMA_BUF_PLANE1_FD_EXT: 56
                                                   EGL_DMA_BUF_PLANE1_OFFSET_EXT: 276480
                                                   EGL_DMA_BUF_PLANE1_PITCH_EXT: 7680

My cmake stanza:
Code:
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr \
-DCMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS_INIT="-L/opt/vc/lib -lvcsm" \
-DCMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS="-L/opt/vc/lib -lvcsm" \
-DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-Wl,-L/opt/vc/lib -Wl,-lvcsm" \
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=/usr/lib \
-DENABLE_EVENTCLIENTS=ON \
-DENABLE_INTERNAL_FFMPEG=ON \
-DENABLE_INTERNAL_FMT=ON \
-DENABLE_INTERNAL_CROSSGUID=ON \
-DENABLE_INTERNAL_FSTRCMP=ON \
-DENABLE_INTERNAL_FLATBUFFERS=ON \
-DENABLE_INTERNAL_SPDLOG=ON \
-DENABLE_EVENTCLIENTS=ON \
-DENABLE_VAAPI=OFF \
-DENABLE_VDPAU=OFF \
-DENABLE_OPENGL=OFF \
-DENABLE_MYSQLCLIENT=ON \
-Dlibdvdcss_URL="/libdvdcss-1.4.2-Leia-Beta-5.tar.gz" \
-Dlibdvdnav_URL="/libdvdnav-6.0.0-Leia-Alpha-3.tar.gz" \
-Dlibdvdread_URL="/libdvdread-6.0.0-Leia-Alpha-3.tar.gz" \
-DFFMPEG_URL="/ffmpeg-4.3.1-Matrix-Alpha1-1.tar.gz" \
-DFMT_URL="/fmt-6.1.2.tar.gz" \
-DCROSSGUID_URL="/crossguid-8f399e8bd4.tar.gz" \
-DFSTRCMP_URL="/fstrcmp-0.7.D001.tar.gz" \
-DFLATBUFFERS_URL="/flatbuffers-1.11.0.tar.gz" \
-DSPDLOG_URL="/spdlog-1.5.0.tar.gz" \
-DCORE_PLATFORM_NAME=gbm \
-DGBM_RENDER_SYSTEM=gles \
../xbmc
make
make preinstall
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
@popcornmix - Any thoughts?  I updated this thread based on your recent commits.
We've tracked it down to this commit.
We're trying to work out the best solution for this (ideally would involve bumping libdrm to a version newer than standard repo versions).
gbm branch has a interim fix that makes video play again.
@popcornmix - That's excellent, thank you!  I can confirm that bdcaa5132b3a138c2a6d7c5771445916d4c0962e fixes the issue.  Thank you.  For whatever reason, the red line artifacts are still present, but I think that's something that is independent of your gbm branch.  I opened 18444 for that.
Fix is merged into kodi tree. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/18450
@popcornmix - I applied that fix to 7f6bf8f but got the same results.  I will build the latest xbmc/master and re-test updating my ticket.  I am currently building your latest commit (gbm branch) and will also test it.  I do not want to pollute the ticket I opened making anyone on the team think that I am mixing the branches with that report. I will open a new thread here that specifically deals with your branch if needed.
The kodi fix is for the "EGL_BAD_MATCH" issue you've reported here. It has nothing to do with the red artifacts issue which is completely unrelated.
@popcornmix - Yes, I totally agree.  The thing is, I get the same red line artifacts with your latest gbm branch, but I can play 4k 8-bit and 4k 10-bit videos with it whereas I cannot on xbmc/master.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
popcornmix/gbm 4k HEVC playback fails, EGL_BAD_MATCH0