v19 Adding Extended Artwork for Matrix
(2021-01-14, 10:09)HeresJohnny Wrote: I notice that you don't comment my findings from post #11 concerning the exported artwork.
It's definitely not a bug as it was designed in that specific manner. But your point does make sense. You could always make a feature request.

I prefer the difference as it is my safety net. I run an export every couple of weeks on my main system, and in the event I have finger trouble and hit Yes to export Artwork, then my original artwork is safe, and I just need to do a search and delete for the exported artwork. (which I did once)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
That's why I always choose don't overwrite mode :-)
(2021-01-14, 11:32)HeresJohnny Wrote: That's why I always choose don't override mode :-)
But that means that your NFO files won't get overwritten also. So any playcounts, watched status and other edits you make won't get exported and saved if the NFO file already exists for that title.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Very true! That's why I curate the nfo files manually at the moment. Every time I change something in Kodi I delete the corresponding nfo at the source. For watched status I use an add-on.

Hassle? Yes, a bit. But let's be honest, if everything were perfect I'd probably be bored.
(2021-01-14, 04:07)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-01-14, 02:50)Dumyat Wrote:  
Short movie artwork names (eg... poster, fanart, etc), and the use of movie.nfo can be used and are scanned only when the following conditions are met...
  1. Movie Folders (wiki) are used
  2. Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title must be Enabled in the Set Content Screen. (wiki)
  3. No corresponding artwork with long format names are present in that movie folder, as these take priority.
  4. movie.nfo has priority but still uses the standard NFO (wiki) naming of <videofilename>.nfo as a fallback.
(2021-01-14, 02:50)Dumyat Wrote:  
Thanks very much for the reply. This is very useful info.
I think my problem has been caused by not enabling option 2. Has this always been the case, or this something new for Matrix?
For the past 3/4 years I've generally been naming both my movie file and movie folder the same, ie movie title (Year). I've never enabled option 2 previously as I thought I may have some older movies where I maybe haven't used the same for both file name and folder name. I wasn't sure what the consequences of that might be if I enabled the option, but the criteria wasn't met? However, I can honestly say I've never seen longfilename artwork downloaded like now. Admittedly, I did have some legacy artwork files named this way when cleaning up my library folders, but they were the product of a very early release of Artwork Beef before the option not to name downloaded artwork that way was added. 

So basically, reading the above:-
1) Short artwork files can be used if the above criteria is met?
2) No artwork files with long artwork names will be downloaded if the above criteria is met?
3) Local artwork will be used for scanning purposes if the above criteria is also met?
4) If any of the above criteria is not met, then longfilename artwork will be downloaded and used for scanning purposes?
5) Longfilename artwork downloaded will not have any detrimental effect to any original local artwork?

Is this a fair interpretation of how things should work?
One final question....What happens if no online artwork actually exists, but you have perhaps created your own and added it locally but not met one of items in the above criteria? Would that mean the local artwork you created would not get used/added?

Hope this all makes reasonable sense and many thanks again for your continued support. This is very much appreciated.
(2021-01-14, 22:39)Dumyat Wrote: I think my problem has been caused by not enabling option 2. Has this always been the case, or this something new for Matrix?
Always been the case.

(2021-01-14, 22:39)Dumyat Wrote: 1) Short artwork files can be used if the above criteria is met?
Yes

(2021-01-14, 22:39)Dumyat Wrote: 2) No artwork files with long artwork names will be downloaded if the above criteria is met?
Not a Kodi function. The scraper simply caches the artwork and does not save anything locally. If you use Artwork Dump then I think you can nominate which format to use.
If you are referring to Export, then you cannot change that behaviour. It is always the long format.

(2021-01-14, 22:39)Dumyat Wrote: 3) Local artwork will be used for scanning purposes if the above criteria is also met?
Yes

(2021-01-14, 22:39)Dumyat Wrote: 4) If any of the above criteria is not met, then longfilename artwork will be downloaded and used for scanning purposes?
See 2) above

(2021-01-14, 22:39)Dumyat Wrote: 5) Longfilename artwork downloaded will not have any detrimental effect to any original local artwork?
See 2) above

(2021-01-14, 22:39)Dumyat Wrote: What happens if no online artwork actually exists, but you have perhaps created your own and added it locally but not met one of items in the above criteria? Would that mean the local artwork you created would not get used/added?
Yes. Kodi will not see it and it won't be used. If your folder and video file are named the same, then there is no problem enabling it. It should always be enabled when using movie folders.
My Signature
Hello! I use skin Aeon Mq 8 mod for kodi matrix. I installed Artwork dumper. How i will be able to see fanart collection for movies and tv shows? Do i need to create separate folder for each category? Thank You!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding Extended Artwork for Matrix0