Solved mp3 music files playing as Dolby+ on my AVR?
LOL never mind, can't find a way to delete the thread, but it's the Firestick. Audio setting was on "best available" so was taking the lpcm from kodi and sending DD+ to the receiver. Changed it to "Always Dolby Digital" to avoid the bug, or I can change it to "stereo" that may send lpcm, which shouldn't affect movies that are bitstreaming to the AVR, but would affect Netflix/Prime etc. Either way you can delete the thread if you want.

4k Firestick on 18.8 connected to AVR. Audio is set to 2 channel with passthrough enabled, and Dolby transcoding on. I don't seem to recall kodi doing that in the past, it always played mp3 as lpcm, same with 2 channel aac, only 5.1 aac got transcoded to Dolby. I also have DD+ unchecked in the passthrough options, but my AVR seems to be reading it as "Dolby + 2.0". My AVR supports DD+, but there's a firmware bug where it will chirp and hiss now and then so I leave it off. Regular Dolby will read as "Dolby Digital 5.1 (or 2.0), so it's especially strange under the circumstances to transcode to DD+.

Don't have a log as I'm not looking for support, just curious. Just in Partymode right now and will grab the log later, or try to reproduce it again later if it's a one-off hitch in the system.

Tried to get a pic showing the Dolby symbol and that is in fact playing music in Partymode. And a clearer shot of the "Dolby +".

And just checked my windows machine with same settings (2.0 speakers with passthrough on, transcoding, etc) and it plays mp3 as lpcm, so guess maybe an Android thing? I'll grab a log later tonight or tomorrow and see if anything stands out. It's not really a problem either, I only noticed it because I leave night mode on, which AFAIK only affects the digital formats and not lpcm, so my music was quieter than usual.
Thread marked solved.
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mp3 music files playing as Dolby+ on my AVR?0